I can't get the chain reconnected to itself. Maybe its just cause i suck or maybe cause the tool i have sucks i dont know. Im not entirely sure how anyone could help by telling me online through a message but hey you never know.
Any advice?
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
wut?
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Are you talking about bikes? It sounds like you're talking about bikes. If you are, you should say so.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

You have a chain tool right? Did you push the pin all the way out so it falls out? Or did you do it so you can just get the chain out? You should do it so that the pin is still attached but you can get the inner link out form the outer link. And then to put it back just push the pin back in

If you pushed the pin all the way out, go to the bike store and get a "power link" or a quik conect link. Take of the outer link and replace it with the power link. Best to go to the shop and get them to show you how to remove a chain properly and/or install "power links".

If you do go get a power link jsut get a SRAM one, they work on all chains, even shimano. I have abut 3 in my chain on the Single Speed Dirt Jump bike.

Also maybe think about ordering "Park tool big book of repairs" or somthing like that. It gives you lots of tips and tricks on how to maintain your bike.

Latz
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by tomypg
You have a chain tool right? Did you push the pin all the way out so it falls out? Or did you do it so you can just get the chain out? You should do it so that the pin is still attached but you can get the inner link out form the outer link. And then to put it back just push the pin back in

If you pushed the pin all the way out, go to the bike store and get a "power link" or a quik conect link. Take of the outer link and replace it with the power link. Best to go to the shop and get them to show you how to remove a chain properly and/or install "power links".

If you do go get a power link jsut get a SRAM one, they work on all chains, even shimano. I have abut 3 in my chain on the Single Speed Dirt Jump bike.

Also maybe think about ordering "Park tool big book of repairs" or somthing like that. It gives you lots of tips and tricks on how to maintain your bike.

Latz

thank you very much. that was very helpful
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
You can call me Matt
No Sweat! If you go to a bike shop they will happily help you out with basic stuff like that! If you came into my shop I would definantly help you out

ALSO, use a bit of bent stiff wire (ala coat hanger) and use it to hold the chain together while you connect it, so you have all ur hands free to use the tool
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Last edited by tomypg at Jan 11, 2009,
alright i managed to get it together. all done now finally.
thanks
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
You can call me Matt