I was originally going to get some kind of 7 string but my dealer advised i get something that would suit me for gigging, since i am going to start doing that soon.

I walked in there and said i want a 7 string for home usage, because i wanna start playing along to dream theater songs and such. But the guy said just wait for a second hand one to come in stock and he'll give me a call, because he said people tend to have 'phases'
with 7strings and they come in and out of second hand stock pretty often.

He offered me a charvel like EVH, and took me through a range of guitars, and he got the american standard outta the cabnet and made me have a stab at it. It felt good, nice tone, easy to play etc. the price was $2150 AUD. Which was aparrently a good price, im getting it with 2 single coils and a humbucker. I think it was a blizzard pearl colour. Greg, the dealer, told me i wont loose much money on it because they are such a good guitar.

I do trust my local dealer because i've had lessons, made good friends etc at the place and i thought well if greg sits down with me tells me exactRy what he thinks then i think im in for a good deal.

thoughts pit? as far as i know, which isn't a whole lot when it comes to guitars i think i got a pretty good deal and i put down $500 bucks.

EDIT: im so used to the pit...
Last edited by grunger at Jan 11, 2009,
That seems like a lot for a strat? Is everything just more expensive there?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
That seems like a lot for a strat? Is everything just more expensive there?

its in AUD
If you want USEFUL truth however, it does seem like you got up-sold. That's a sizable pricetag. As long as you love it, and you've got a plan to afford it, great...just make sure you want it.
Quote by camhussynec
if you want my brutal truth stop wastin ur money and buy ESP

Fixed
Quote by camhussynec
if you want my brutal truth stop wastin ur money and buy ibanez

If you want my brutal truth, stop trying to force your opinions on people because it makes you seem like a ****. A lot of guitar decisions are based on preference, if it felt and sounded good to him then that's what matters.
Quote by -Blue-
If you want my brutal truth, stop trying to force your opinions on people because it makes you seem like a ****. A lot of guitar decisions are based on preference, if it felt and sounded good to him then that's what matters.

Relax. No need to go on a mad rampage over someone wanting to share their opinion.
Quote by camhussynec
if you want my brutal truth stop wastin ur money and buy ibanez

Are you serious?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Dude, you arent going to go wrong with an American strat no matter what the others here say. They are icons for a reason. I just bought an American strat as well, and Blizzard Pearl as well! Only diff is mine has all single coils. I already have an EMG 81/85 so I wanted the strat to cover all the rest. They are about as versatile as it gets especially if you have a decent set of pedals or an amp modeler. Enjoy it.
Quote by GuitarDTO
They are about as versatile as it gets especially if you have a decent set of pedals or an amp modeler. Enjoy it.

or just a good amp in general

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by camhussynec
if you want my brutal truth stop wastin ur money and don't listen to me because I'm a bias idiot who can't have respect for a good brand because it's not good for my playing

Fix'd.

Honestly, I hate brand-bashing. Every brand is perfect for as many people as it is awful for.

Anyway, TS, it's about $1,000 USD. The transfer was about $1,500 USD. Give or take a few hundred for the transfers from the US to Australia, I'd say you got a fair deal, but check online Australian stores to make sure.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Well, you did get up-sold. $2,150 AUD is about $650 higher than the exchange rate for American to Australian dollars, but I know that imported stuff tends to cost quite a bit more in Australia based on what a lot of people have said. So don't worry about it. You got a pretty fair deal by Aussie standards. Of course, I'm an American making a judgement based on what people here have said, so I could be wrong.

And either way, if its the right guitar for you, who cares if you had to pay a little extra for it?

Congrats on your new American Strat
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
You got a fair deal, you probably could have knocked it done to a 2k but never the less. And Natrone your right, once you factor in exchange rate and then shipping costs and then the import fees its a lot more then $2150.
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
$2150 AUD is about $1520 USD idn't it? If so, you paid about $520 USD too much. But since you're in Australia, I guess the prices are alot higher due to shipping from America and all that. You would have to check other local shops or online stores for Australia to compare deals. My guess is that you paid a normal price.

And, it is a strat. So of course you got a good guitar I haven't spent too much time here at UG, but from what it looks like, there's not as many strat fans here. more like Ibanez, PRS etc.

Oh yeah, you definitely would have gotten out of the 7 string phase!
Last edited by brandonroy at Jan 12, 2009,
i'm from australia and i think you could get a bit of a better price for the standard. www.allansmusic.com.au has them for $1870. you may also want to try and look around for second hand ones and save even more money. i got an american deluxe HSS for $2000 almost brand new. i also sugggest you try a heap more guitars before you buy that one cause you might end up liking something else. or just buy this http://www.jacksonsrareguitars.com/fender-stratocaster-1956-sunburst-p18332.html
well i think all in all i should be happy, if it's a guitar im not gunna be hatin on or getting frustrated with it; then i shopuld be right. And i've always thought if a guitar has a good feel to it and you feel happy with it well then it's fine for you.

So i'm happy with my purchase, and i've always thought that different guitars from your old ones bring out a different guitar player.