Hello everybody!

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but I try it anyway.

Can someone tell me how I can imitate the guitar sound of the White Stripes? I'm asking because I know which Guitar and wich equipement Jack White is using and I'm not that rich!

So does someone got tips for me how I can get the sound found on tracks like "seven nation army", "fell in love with a girl" and "dead leaves and the dirty ground"?

Thanks to everyone!

Absolut Jonas
"Mum, I think you threw my guitar on purpose down the basement stairs." - "No I didn't!" - "But you did it 3 times this week!"
try a fender or squier strat through a small fender amp or buy a pedalboard that can make his tone
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
an electro-harmonix usa big muff. that's his distortion. and for solos and the main riff in seven nation army, he uses a digitech whammy pedal.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.

Me
Last edited by tyler112493 at Jan 11, 2009,
um, i think he turns everything on his amp all the way up and uses a big muff (or a modded one possibly) for distortion. He uses an Electroharmonix POG for the wierd stuff, though he used to use a digitech whammy pedal--which will do nicely as a cheaper solution. Most of his tone seems to come from his guitars (some of which are plastic, others are cheap hollowbodies or--more recently expensive gretsches) and amps (old amps cranked to the near-breaking point) not dealing with the insane amount of distortion he throws at them 'well', along with a clever use of his pitch shifter and pick attack and phrasing to create a distinctly tense, bluesy and staccato feel.
Thanks to everybody for the good tips!

I'm gonna check this out.

Thread can be closed.
"Mum, I think you threw my guitar on purpose down the basement stairs." - "No I didn't!" - "But you did it 3 times this week!"