No idea what to get... although i havent looked into pedals extensively
I play stuff that range from pop-rock to thrash - Michelle Branch, John Mayer, Paramore, RATM, Muse, Trivium

I would like something with adjustable delay - Boss DD-20 Giga Delay looks pretty good at the moment, but is there anything cheaper that I can get?

I also have no clue about od/ds with pedals so I'd like someone to clue me in a bit.

Could I get some recommendations on specific pedals that would be worth getting?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
John Mayer uses a Line 6 DL-4 and Ibanez Tubescreamers for his distortion. What amp do you currently have?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
atm, a fender g-dec junior...
im looking at getting a new amp, most likely the Marshall JCM-2000 DSL401
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Last edited by Bob_Smith at Jan 11, 2009,
Matt heafy of Trivium uses Ibanez tubescreamer and a cry baby :P
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
what do people think of the Boss ME-50?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Quote by Skierinanutshel
it is a great. albeit large, paperweight

Unconventionaly large paperweight that much like a really annoying wife, sounds a lot worse than something of a better caliber.

TS
For a delay i recommend you a DD6 and a Y Cable (2 mono male - 1 mono female)

EDIT: For a OD or distortion i recomend the following.
TS808 Vintage reissue Ibanez Tube Screamer (overdrive)
EHX Metal Muff (Thrashmetal Toned distortions are possible)

But also what amplifier are you currently using?
The Marshall has just enough gain for thrash to me so you wont really need the OD or Distortion unless you want to tighten the sound of the marshall.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Jan 11, 2009,
I wouldn't reccomend a JCM. Maybe a tube fender or something.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
im using a Fender G-Dec Junior at the moment, which I'm pretty sure isn't equipped for pedal use
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Quote by Bob_Smith
im using a Fender G-Dec Junior at the moment, which I'm pretty sure isn't equipped for pedal use

as long as it has an input, it is equipped for pedal use. what you are thinking of is an effects loop (signal goes from the pre-amp to the power amp, skipping the pre-amp coloring the effects tone), but since i dont believe the G-DEC's have them, you'll run the effects in the same signal-chain as your guitar, aptly named "in front" of the amp.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Jan 11, 2009,
I think first thing you should get a better amp, while the G-DEC series is good for beginners, you need something that will handle your style and the pedal you are putting through it. The DSL401 is a pretty good choice, but you could probably get seomthing a bit more versatile (the guy who said Fender tube was totally wrong, he says versatility and you recommend a Fender, duh). I would suggest looking at some used Orange Rocker 30 amps, or if your budget is quite minimal, a Vox Valvetronix amp would do well.

As for effects, promise me you won't go multi, it's a stupid mistake a lot make, and whil they are good for establishing what effects you like, Skierinanutshel was right in saying they become paperweights. I would recommend for delay pedals, an MXR Carbon Copy, they are cheap, easy to use and sound brilliant. Also, look at an OD for your amp, but since I don't know what rpcie range you are looking for, I really can't help. However, a lot will say "Get a Bad Monkey". Do NOT get a Bad Monkey, save another week's pay and get something that is much better, like a Tubescreamer and also, look on Ebay, a lot of Powersellers sell new pedals for good prices.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
IMO tube fenders take pedals really well, and for that, are versatile. Dunno what you're talking about, man.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
^ He plays "pop-rock to thrash", how is a Fender going to accomodate that many styles? Think logically, not laterally.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM