Just making sure so I don't wait gas cause its like 30 miles away, but what is the age requirement for Guitar Center. Most local Music stores around me are like 18, but there are some at 16. Im 17 myself.

And what do you think starting pay would be. And if its worth going nearly 30 miles and back.

Thanks.
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
Only a permanent occupation would be worth that commute.

You have to be 18, I'm fairly sure, and at minimum wage plus a portion of what you sell.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by shanglejr11
Just making sure so I don't wait gas cause its like 30 miles away, but what is the age requirement for Guitar Center. Most local Music stores around me are like 18, but there are some at 16. Im 17 myself.

And what do you think starting pay would be. And if its worth going nearly 30 miles and back.

Thanks.

It's 18 and they don't even accept hard copy applications. You have to apply online.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Depending on your car, your paycheck will probably be used mostly for gas money.

Don't work there.
Prob. not.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
You mentioned local guitar shops. Work there. 30 miles is a long trip for minimum wage in a global economic crisis.
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
i'm not sure about the age limit, but there is no way the pay would be worth driving 30 miles for.
They don't allow children in the store now?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
For 30 miles, I would say not a good idea.

Plus, the application requires you to be a musical elitist/douchbag. So, if you aren't one, they're not going to accept you.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Work at the local. It'll be better anyway, you'll have more people coming in who know what they're doing.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
the manager at my local GC is neighbors with one of my good friends and my friend said that the minimal age is 15 or 16 but im not sure about that.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
thanks for the input

my car makes excellent gas mileage like 25 to 30 mpg

the local shops are pretty low end hahaha
like the pawn shop right up the street has a music store built on and none of those guys know anything about music i swear
thats where i go to get better deals on stuff lol

looks like im gunna have to wait 354 more days (b-day dec 31)
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
At first I thought this thread was about making an age requirement to go INTO guitar center and/or play the instruments; in which case I would have said yes, it should be 18 -_-