I'm planning on getting a used Fender HRD sometime this year and i want some pedals to go with it.

Right now I have an OD, an EQ and a delay. I played around with my cousins micro cube and i really liked the flanger so i think I might go with BOSS for that.

So now i need a chorus pedal and possibly a compressor. Any suggestions?
facepalmedit: ^^^ please, no. unless you like digital-sounding, low-quality component, easily broken pedals.

flanger go with the deluxe mistress by EHX or the flanger by MXR

compressor....the MXR super comp has yet to not impress me.

chorus....the small clone by EHX is a good, simple design (analog, true bypass) and the MXR stereo chorus is also very versatile

dang, i sound like a flamboyant MXR/EHX fanboy, but i swear it isnt true.

go to www.proguitarshop.com and check out what they have, their demos, and see what you like.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Jan 11, 2009,
I like the harwire series stuff, so I am going to say go with that chorus pedal.
i enjoy head
Quote by Skierinanutshel

dang, i sound like a flamboyant MXR/EHX fanboy, but i swear it isnt true.

go to www.proguitarshop.com and check out what they have, their demos, and see what you like.

better than boss fanboy
TS: those are all quality pedals Skierinanutshel reccomended
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Definitely stay away from the boss flanger, it's awful... especially the newer ones. The other guitarist in my last band had one and it was a mess. Definitely get the small clone for chorus, and for your compressor an MXR Dynacomp is probably your best bet.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
A boss flanger isnt as bad as the Johnson flanger I used to have.
I would look into dano-electro chorus pedals, digitech makes a chorus pedal that looks nice but I have not heard one yet.
To be honest I think a delay is more important then a flanger but whatever suits you.

I have an EHX Small Clone and it definitely does the job. You can also trick it into a tremolo if need be. I'd go with an MXR compressor. As far as flanger goes I've heard great things about the deluxe mistress.