So I've got an interesting Strat. Its american, 1999, HSS, with that weird floyd rose/fender combo. Its NOT a the floyd model, its kind of in between. Anyway, heres what I want to do.

-All single coils, looking for something on the hotter side for playing jimi, SRV, and newer indie stuff. I love that single coil mixed with some grit sound.

-A regular Fender Trem, to trplace the funky floyd-fender thing. Dont know where to buy one?

-Eventually refinish it to a undecided color yet.- rough estimate cost for a standard refinish?

Thoughts on pickups/trem/finish cost?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
So I've got an interesting Strat. Its american, 1999, HSS, with that weird floyd rose/fender combo. Its NOT a the floyd model, its kind of in between. Anyway, heres what I want to do.

-All single coils, looking for something on the hotter side for playing jimi, SRV, and newer indie stuff. I love that single coil mixed with some grit sound.

-A regular Fender Trem, to trplace the funky floyd-fender thing. Dont know where to buy one?

-Eventually refinish it to a undecided color yet.- rough estimate cost for a standard refinish?

Thoughts on pickups/trem/finish cost?

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Custom-Shop-Texas-Special-Strat-Pickups?sku=301616
+1 to the texas pickups. i think SRV used those actually... not sure though.

If you're gonna pay someone to refinish i'd expect anywhere from $150-$250, depending on the color, finish pattern, and type of coating used.

You should get pics up of your strat, i'm confused about the whole floyd rose thing...
yes. pics!

and are you planning on selling the floyd???
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by dcdossett65
How do they compare to Van Zandt, Seymour Duncan Antiquity, etc?

You want an SRV sound right? Well those are SRV's pick ups. I think he just switched the bridge and neck ones around though.
i still dont see how you'll fit a fender trem in there, in fact you wont be able to.
because the hole in there too big for a fender trem, and you cant really add wood(unless you want to glue it or something?)
I would talk to nuthinbutruble8 in my sig, he custom winds great pickups, and he gets UGers discounts on hardware. (Like 20% off stuff from allparts.com and whatnot)

As for a refinish, if you do it yourself, probably $50 in spray paint, sandpaper, and tape.

I suggest you check out the Gear Building and Customizing forum, as doing stuff to guitars is what we do.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by stratdud39
i still dont see how you'll fit a fender trem in there, in fact you wont be able to.
because the hole in there too big for a fender trem, and you cant really add wood(unless you want to glue it or something?)

Again, its not a Floyd. It is the exact same hole and size as a regular fender body. A swap can be dont with no modifications.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
That is a very interesting bridge. Basically normal with fine tuners on the saddles? Cool.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
They arent fine tuners. Its like a floyd, it clamps down on the string.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
is that your usa deluxe or a different strat we're talking about?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Its my USA Deluxe.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
can i have that bridge? it looks amazing!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B