Page 1 of 2
This kid in my school, let's just call him Phil, had his parents pull some strings to get him into the school band 2 years after the deadline(!), so he is of course, way behind in his musical studies.

He joined the percussion group and thinks that he suddenly can play the drumset like a pro. He knows I play the guitar and keeps asking me to join his "band" as rhythm guitar. Before I tell you the rest, let me explain the reason of the quotes,

Phil, as the drummer
Some kid, who plays no instrument as lead guitar
a group of girls I don't know as:
Video recorder(!)
Producer(!)
UNIFORM STYLIST(!!!)
Backup singers(with no lead)
and a Record-deal-finder

Every day, he keeps asking me and I just wanna say "NO! YOU ARENT IN A ****ING BAND! I HAVE BEEEN PLAYING FOR YEARS, AND YOUR BAND HAS BEEN PRETENDING TO KNOW HOW TO PLAY FOR 2 MONTHS! GET OUT OF MY FACE", but I just say "I'll think about it.

Can somone give me an idea of how to refuse him and make him stop with the whole band thing untill he is more musicaly honed. I don't want to break anybody's dreams, be he seriously was about to sign up for battle of the bands, and I didn't want him to have to stand up on stage, no instruments or music, then say "I don't have a band".
I like this kid as a person so I need to make sure it doesn't hurt his feelings too much.
Last edited by JBryantA at Jan 11, 2009,
grow a pair and say no. You don't have to say **** off and die you're not in a band, just say no. If he persists, you can rage on him.
Just say no that you arent wanting to be in a band right now.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Just say, "Naw man, I don't wanna be in a band right now, and I doubt you play the genre I play, so, sorry."
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

"Look Phil, i'm sure you're a great musician and all, but i don't think you're really what i'm looking for. Sorry, mate."

EDIT:
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Start your own band called **** Off Phil.

Omg haha

This! +over 9000!
Last edited by Pac_man0123 at Jan 11, 2009,
Tell him you're gay.
I've found that in many situations, that gets all sorts of people off my back for various things.

Alternatively, tell him you're selfish and you'd want all the attention and all the major decision making responsibilities and you're nothing more than an anal richard potatoe (dick-tater, get it?) and he wouldn't like you anyway.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I saw a band the other day with that exact lineup. they where totally kick ass.

To stay on topic

Why don't you just say yes cuz you know there not going to have any band practices or anything.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Last edited by hendrix4934 at Jan 11, 2009,
Tell him the truth. You don't have to be mean about it. Tell him that you think he needs more work before he should think about starting a band. You don't have to crush him, but you could support him alittle bit and try to help him out.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
I'm sure that strat335 is a genius!
I don't have to say anything and I get a show!
That's it.
Quote by Joshrocker48
Be blunt, but don't overdo it.

Pretty much, this. You can let him down easy while explaining that he needs more experience.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
This kid in my school, let's just call him Phil,

We don't know the guy!

Why do people use pseudonyms?
Quote by JBryantA
I'm sure that strat335 is a genius!
I don't have to say anything and I get a show!
That's it.

be sure to bring a camera and record it to put on youtube
Tell him that you will only be in the band if you get to do a 20 minute Kazoo solo.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
Burn his house down.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by JBryantA
be he seriously was about to sign up for battle of the bands, and I didn't want him to have to stand up on stage, no instruments or music, then say "I don't have a band".

I'd do that without question, it would be the biggest laugh ever
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
If you can't say no to some kids band how are you gonna say no to sex, drugs, and alchohal.
Just say yes because like sex, drugs, and alchohal, good things can come from this. I've seen crap bands go into clubs with only one good member. At the end of the night I see the superior member telling his band he got an offer from a better band and he's leaving.
there is no quote in this box
Simple, say that you'll only join when their lead guitarist is anygood.

Shred an kill him in a guitar battle

Now your free. =]
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
either grow some balls and tell him to screw off, or let him in and as soon as he messes up kick him out?
I would just say:

Quote by JBryantA
"NO! YOU ARENT IN A ****ING BAND! I HAVE BEEEN PLAYING FOR YEARS, AND YOUR BAND HAS BEEN PRETENDING TO KNOW HOW TO PLAY FOR 2 MONTHS! GET OUT OF MY FACE"
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Simple. Next time he starts to talk to you , just say you have diahrrea and walk away. problem solved.
Funny

(\__/)
(='o'=)
(")_(")
Next time he asks, say this, extremely loud
"NO I WILL NOT MAKE OUT WITH YOU!!"
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by Andybren8690
Simple. Next time he starts to talk to you , just say you have diahrrea and walk away. problem solved.

or you could actually have diarrhea and just drop your pants and **** all over him.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Say, "NO! YOU ARENT IN A ****ING BAND! I HAVE BEEEN PLAYING FOR YEARS, AND YOUR BAND HAS BEEN PRETENDING TO KNOW HOW TO PLAY FOR 2 MONTHS! GET OUT OF MY FACE"

Edit: Fuck
So how is someone who plays no instrument lead guitar?

Wouldnt you atleast have to be starting to play the instrument to you know, do just about everything a band does?

and wheres the bassist!?
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Page 1 of 2