Whats the Difference Between a Modeling amp and a tube amp?... whats a modeling amp anyway? what are each types good for? are there any other types of amps?
Modelling Amps are baiscally computers that digitize and process the signal, making it sound however you want. Tube amps use vaccuum tubes, like those used in old TVs, radios, and other appliances around the 50s and 60s, to process the signal, resulting in a great, complex, rich tone. Tube amps are good for everything, and (the few good) modelling amps are only really good for recording.
Read the sticky dealing with info on amps and effects, etc. It'll explain in detail a lot of what you'd like to know.
so with a modeling amp you can get whatever sound you want easy but with a tube you have to get pedals and such to get the stuff on a modeling?
I would'nt say getting whatever tone you want on a modelling amp easy. I have a Line-6 speder and even though the amp comes with like 500 presets, I'm still looking for the tone I really want. Regardless of what kind of amp you get, more than likely you will have to buy pedals to get your desired tone. That being said, get a tube amp.
Quote by Diablo52
so with a modeling amp you can get whatever sound you want easy but with a tube you have to get pedals and such to get the stuff on a modeling?

Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra... Best modeling amp/all in one effects processor available. Next to the Axe-FX, Line6 and all other modelers are mere toys.

Quote by mostly I hate u
I would'nt say getting whatever tone you want on a modelling amp easy. I have a Line-6 speder and even though the amp comes with like 500 presets, I'm still looking for the tone I really want. Regardless of what kind of amp you get, more than likely you will have to buy pedals to get your desired tone. That being said, get a tube amp.

I would.... How hard is pushing a button or two? Just saying.
Last edited by zachman5150 at Jan 11, 2009,
Quote by Diablo52
Whats the Difference Between a Modeling amp and a tube amp?... whats a modeling amp anyway? what are each types good for? are there any other types of amps?

I suggest doing some research on here and other web sites so you can see and hear the differences.

Diablo52 - So wich would be good for blues and classic rock?

A tube amp.

Budget?
Home or gig?
New or Used?
Genre? Classic rock and blues?
closest major city?
if you want modeling, one of the best ones out there is the Tech 21 Trademark series
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
if you want modeling, one of the best ones out there is the Tech 21 Trademark series

Hmmm... That made me think, There is only one best, and the others are 1st place, 2nd place etc... losers