I come to you all in the direst of situations. You see, I am screwed.

I need you... to help me. Do a 3 page paper. About the differences between bacterial and viral infections, symptoms, etc. Now, you're probably thinking, "Us do your paper for you? You best be joking son." Now I'm not some sort of lazy tool who asks UG to do his homework for him. I'm not that guy. The thing is, I have no choice.

I take independent health, not by choice but because I need to take health even though my schedule doesn't allow for it. To pass independently, the requirement is for me to do a total of four three-page papers over the course of a semester. Which is pretty ridiculous considering the actual course entails sitting in class doing nothing and watching videos, but whatever, I have no say. So I have been able to do a whopping one paper so far. I've been told by the school that if we independent health students don't have all the papers in by Monday, which is now tomorrow, we will fail and our parents will be notified. I can't fail health. It'll go to colleges, it'll be humiliating, it'll bring down my GPA... I need to do something.

I'm going to attempt to do two of the papers all on my own. I just need your HELP with the third, I don't need anyone to do parts of it. I just need ideas, talking points, anything. I don't really have much of an option, I'm just so overwhelmed right now. I've had exams to study for and homework, and now this. Just give me anything you have.

tl;dr: Have to have three papers in by tomorrow, I need help with one. Topic is differences between bacterial and viral infections, symptoms, etc.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Bacteria = You touched poo

Virus = You put it in the pooper
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
What things have you already talked about? Are the symptoms for any viral infection or what?
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Yea, really... Wouldn't google be the proper place to look for answers? Or a book? I mean.. really... ultimate guitar was your first choice?
wow, and i thought i procrastinated. Damn dude, 12 pages of writing. You better get some red bull and some music going cause your up for a long night. Im not even close to a biology major so i cant really help you with bacteria vs viral infections, my dad is a doctor but hes in utah and im in florida. Hope you get it done.
Stay home or go in late tomorrow.

Do the paper as much as you can tonight and then crash, maybe try to get it in tomorrow but if not, the next day.

I really have no information on the subject. Sorry.

Good luck!
Quote by sneyob
Bacteria = You touched poo

Virus = You put it in the pooper

+1
You could talk about how viruses mutate.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
Bacterial is cause by bacteria, viral is cause by viruses? Right?
Something on google said that viral infections require living hosts, and bacterial doesn't.
Sorry, but that's about how hard I'm gonna try doing this for you.

But hey, just think of how relieved you'll be when finals are over and the papers are turned in.

Best buy some red bull.
It gives you wings.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by Joshrocker48
You wrote all that. Writing essays shouldn't be that hard for you.

lmao prime
Quote by Joshrocker48
You wrote all that. Writing essays shouldn't be that hard for you.

I'm a strong essay writer but it's not easy to come up with three pages worth material for this one. I attempted to do it back in November or so, couldn't do it no matter how hard I tried, and lying to my parents that I did it.

Quote by atlasguitar
What things have you already talked about? Are the symptoms for any viral infection or what?

I've basically gotten all my info from the wikipedia articles on them. There really aren't many resources on the topic.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by x_thurston_x
Bacterial is cause by bacteria, viral is cause by viruses? Right?
Something on google said that viral infections require living hosts, and bacterial doesn't.

Ok don't listen to these guys. You can talk about how each of them multiply. Bacteria themselves are cells that multiply by mitosis. Viruses multiply by attaching themselves to other cells and split with the chromosomes of that cell. This produces two infected cells.
I'm still thinking of more you can talk about.

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
Quote by Guitarpilot
wow, and i thought i procrastinated. Damn dude, 12 pages of writing. You better get some red bull and some music going cause your up for a long night. Im not even close to a biology major so i cant really help you with bacteria vs viral infections, my dad is a doctor but hes in utah and im in florida. Hope you get it done.

UG'ers are oh so keen on their math. He's already done 1 of the 4 three pages essays. So that leaves 9 pages not 12.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I've basically gotten all my info from the wikipedia articles on them. There really aren't many resources on the topic.

Please tell me you used the sources on the bottom of the page not the Wiki article themselves. You need citations, right?

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
Quote by atlasguitar
Please tell me you used the sources on the bottom of the page not the Wiki article themselves. You need citations, right?

Yeah, I've already learned to do that. And thanks for the help so far.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
TS, try taking a look at WebMD because they have full on symptom lists, definitions and info on medical subjects and you can be sure that it is a reliable source.

This is an article on Encephalitis, you could talk about how a Viral infection can affect parts of your body such as in this case, your brain, and the symptoms of Encephalitis.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/tc/encephalitis-topic-overview

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
Last edited by atlasguitar at Jan 11, 2009,
Also besides the example of a Viral infection, you could also talk about how a bacterium can create an infection such as Bacterial Meningitis. There is probably a article on WebMD, I'll go check.

Edit: Here this article talks about the difference between Viral Meningitis and Bacterial Meningitis.

http://children.webmd.com/vaccines/tc/meningitis-cause

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
Last edited by atlasguitar at Jan 11, 2009,
The La-li-lu-le-lo?

How's That Possible?!
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by atlasguitar
Also besides the example of a Viral infection, you could also talk about how a bacterium can create an infection such as Bacterial Meningitis. There is probably a article on WebMD, I'll go check.

Edit: Here this article talks about the difference between Viral Meningitis and Bacterial Meningitis.

http://children.webmd.com/vaccines/tc/meningitis-cause

Thanks. All this gives me quite a bit more to work with, but still, any more help from anyone would be appreciated.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
get on AIM and wait for someone with a weird AIM handle that mentions cats to contact you
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Quote by Rox0r713

Well that helps a ton.

Quote by Godsmack_IV
Either way, Madagascar just shut everything down.

Well played.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Thanks. All this gives me quite a bit more to work with, but still, any more help from anyone would be appreciated.

No problem, it just so happens that I am going to write a paper about infections of the Nervous system soon in my Medical Academy Class. I'm in High School but the credits count towards medical courses in college.

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
Quote by Sonicxlover
Well that helps a ton.

I think it should. I read it before posting it and it seemed to be answering the questions you posed and going in the direction you seemed to desire. The fact that it's about babies can be omitted from your final draft if you dislike that topic for some reason. Your paper is pretty simple, really. Just a matter of taking an hour or so to read a few articles and do a bit of research... and we just gave you articles and research. Stop posting on here and get to work!
I take independent health, not by choice

i found this very amusing
Origanally Posted by Rocko Mummble:
A menage a trois means a threesome??

I always thought it meant eating with two other people...