Anyone tried them out? i actually never knew they made amps until i saw a music video (alicia keys - no one) kinda sad but yeh. I've never seen any of them in a music store around me. Im guessing they wouldnt be cheap either, like their guitars.
i think they are like the hard to find boutique tube amps.
i saw this
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 11, 2009,
I think darkarbiter7 has one, or at least had one at some point. Most of them are pretty old, but I think goldtones might still be in production. They're not overly expensive, don't really know how they sound though, I've never played one.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBTGA40RVT

no more expensive than an ac30
Gibson also was partly responsible for the lab series amps, which have a decent cult following.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
I do see some pop up on the local craigslist every once in a while, never played one though
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
combo
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I have an old GA5.
They're actually quite affordable when compared to other vintage amps. I picked up my GA5 in excellent condition for 250 bucks at a music store.
It just needed a cap job.

But anyways, it sounds fantastic. It seems like most of Gibsons vintage models are based on Fender models.
I tried an old Gibson Mercury too, and it sounded nice for jazzy tones.

As for the modern amps, I couldn't help you. The only one i've heard of was the goldtone reissue.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Jan 12, 2009,