Page 1 of 2
I have played all the types of neck I can think of and I'd have to say my Jackson's Rosewood neck is the fastest and most comfortable. A close second is Dean's triangular neck. They both fit my man hands really well and allow me to do fast sweeps. I also like D and C necks but I find them harder to play fast and clean. My most hated neck has to be Ibanez's wizard, it feels like they were made for girly hands that are accustomed to doing things like making sandwiches. What's your favorite neck and why?

I'm not trolling or anything, I'm just looking for some honest opinions.
Whats with the picture? Get rid of it.

I love my Gibson SG neck.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I like Ibanez's Wizard necks.
Fit in my hands easily enough for shred across the entire neck.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Ibanez Wizards, and whatever some ESP/LTDs have.

I like my necks not to be laquered or anything, if anything, just one protective coat. Not a finish like the rest of the guitar, it holds me back.
Quote by TSelman
Ibanez Wizards, and whatever some ESP/LTDs have.

I like my necks not to be laquered or anything, if anything, just one protective coat. Not a finish like the rest of the guitar, it holds me back.

My ESP is laquered and I find it strangely easy to play.
I play on an Ibanez Wiz II and its not that bad. But by far my favorite neck is the rosewood on the PRS Custom 24. Never felt such a comfortable and smooth neck like that of Paul Reed Smith
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

Quote by r3conmarine90
I play on an Ibanez Wiz II and its not that bad. But by far my favorite neck is the rosewood on the PRS Custom 24. Never felt such a comfortable and smooth neck like that of Paul Reed Smith

I've never played a PRS... I had a chance at the london guitar show but everyone in the PRS stand looked like elitists and I didn't feel worthy of asking to try one. What shape are the necks? I know they're great guitars.
I love Carvin necks; they're very compressed. They're moderately thin front to back, thin side to side, and short scale.
Quote by DEATHPANDA
My ESP is laquered and I find it strangely easy to play.

So is my FX-400, but it's kinda a light laquer. Like, Gibson LP's are tough for me to play cause the neck is all shiny and so I can't slide up and down it quickly.
Maple/Maple Fender necks, and Dean V shape necks. Love them.

Also, Ibanez Wizard and Jackson necks.

To OP, what Jackson do you have? I wasn't aware Jackson made guitars with a rosewood neck. Did you mean Fingerboard?
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Maple Fender Strat necks. Feels like its molded into my hand.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I am a big fan of maple necks and fingerboards. I think the most comfortable guitar I have ever played was the Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe, which I believe has a "C-shaped" neck (I don't know what all these neck shapes are, but that's what Musician's Friend says it has ). It sounded great too.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by silly hats
Maple Fender Strat necks. Feels like its molded into my hand.

Same here.

It's a shame I play mostly metal. If only Jackson (Owned by Fender) made having the Fender neck demensions an option with ordering a guitar.

I just hope my hand'll eventually grow to fit into a Jackson/Ibanez/Shecter neck

I haven't even hit my growth spurt yet. I'm 5"5, and all my (guy friends, at least) friends are like 5"9-6"4 depending on the guy. And their hands are a bunch bigger than mine.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Cant go wrong with a nice strat neck. I cant stand gibson necks, the finish on the back feels sticky to me. Its the only reason I dont dig gibsons, but Id buy one and sand the finsih off.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
The huge U-necks on the Fender custom shop nocasters. I like the gibson 50s necks too, but only after they're worn in.
i love tele and strat necks, my ibanez iceman neck is really nice (IC200)

but my favourite ever would have to be the Schecter blackjack ATX neck. perfection.
I love the neck of a PRS. Either that or the neck on my Wolfgang.
Gear:
Peavey EVH Wolfgang Special
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Strat
Ovation Celebrity CC44S
Ibanez SR350FM
Marshall MG100DFX
EHX Metal Muff
Boss BF-2 Flanger

But I wish I had my grandpa's ancient 50's Goldtop...
Fender best Ive tried... which isnt that much but they are comfortable for me... so thats what counts i guess...
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
C-shape necks and the '59 Gibson necks.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Definitely Jem Prestige Neck.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
I love the neck on my '84 ML. It's somewhere between a soft and medium V shape. No two vintage Dean necks are quite the same as they were hand carved individually. The thin Wizard necks make my hands hurt after 15 minutes of playing
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by TSelman
Are the PRS necks thin? Even on the SE models?

I haven't played the high end PRSs but I can tell you that the SE necks are nice, just right for me and I have medium sized hands, I wouldn't call their necks thin or thick. I personally love most of Fender's strat necks and Les Paul necks.
I just played an SE today, they're great to me. A bit thicker than ESP and thinner than Fender. It's almost perfect!
The set neck on the Ibanez SZ 320 is the best i have played so far. I dont like gibson necks, never tried a fender before, wizard is a bit to thin.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Wizard hands down, jackson is second for me.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
ibanez wizard.

just because its the fastest ive ever played, and the most comfortable.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

The old Ibanez ultra necks and the original wizard are sweet.I'm not a huge fan of the wizard II though.Jackson necks are nice,as are fender necks even though I don't play them.Right now I'm in love with the neck on my Fernades 7 string.It's wide and thing but it has a slightly round profile and fits like a glove.It also has a very raw and natural finish on it that just feels great.Whatever the neck on the Ibanez J Custom 7 guitars is,it's probably my second favorite at the moment,that or the EBMM Petrucci model necks.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Fender C-shape neck for sure with a maple fingerboard... Heaven.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
I like the maple neck on my 2005 tele
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by DEATHPANDA

I'm not trolling or anything...

METALCORE SUCKS

Heheh...

Anyways, I like Wizard and Jackson necks. Neck-throughs are awesome, but the Set-necks on most Schecter guitars feel pretty good, too.
I really really love the feel of my Gibson Explorer. It is the perfect shape for any type of playing for me.

Other necks that have stood out to me are

PRS McCarty II. I believe it had PRS' wide thick neck. It was really chunky, and I really was able to dig in. Nice for chords.

Gibson Les Paul. This one is iffy, I have played some really sticky unplayable necks (ala Les Paul Studio), but I have also played some really amazing feeling necks.

Fender Stratocaster. Great guitar, great neck, amazing feel. I wish I owned one.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
the wizard II neck by ibanez is really nice to play. but i love the neck on my Jackson, it just feels nice to play.

but hands down best ever is a Gibson Les Paul Traditional that came into a music store while i was doing work experience. someone bought it literally 5 minutes after i put it on display.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Page 1 of 2