I'm a new guitarist looking to learn on my own. I was looking at the eMedia Guitar Method software to help get me started properly. Hoped to hear from this community either better suggestions or thoughts on the one I mentioned.

thanks!
do you have mac?
if not get Audacity
it will help you start, and its free
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
i have both Mac and PC

edit: i looked at audacity and it doesn't look like what i'm looking for.

i'm looking for lessons- a teaching tool. something to explain chords, scales, and things i hear ppl talking about on these forums that don't make sense to me (ie pentatonic )
Last edited by just_around at Jan 11, 2009,
Guitar Pro can help you with these things. It basically lets you play downloadable tabs and plays along with you while you play. You can download lessons and stuff aswell.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
you should listen to his requests he said learning tools not recording tools
http://www.justinguitar.com

I know you said you were looking for software, but Justin Guitar is pretty good. I also picked up a Book+DVD thing from the bookstore for $10. It's called Electric Guitar by Simon Croft.

Not software, but keep your options open.
thanks for all your replies so far. i took a few lessons and they were great, but couldn't afford them. i am looking at the eMedia software because it seems to give me close to that "live lesson" feel as i can. i haven't done well reading through all the different posts and lessons on guitar sites, though i have tried. the software avenue seems most interactive and able to adapt to my pacing.

the strength/speed lessons are great here, but i'm not good at reading music, most theory (scales/keys/arpegio...) goes over my head, and just reading tab while playing a song and listening to it don't work.

anyway this software seemed to be a good fit- still hoping maybe someone has had experience with it or other lesson-like software.
I use Jamorama. Worked well for the start off. Besides, video tutorials, it comes with some tuning software, guess the note played game and a keep with the tempo software. That's not the names of the software, just thought the by saying that, might help understand a bit.