Im not sure where to put this thread but is chris cornell a baritone or a tenor?
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
Um, definitley a Tenor. Even his stuff in Audioslave is high. I am the highway? Yeah. Amazing stuff. He just sounds low cause of the 'gruff in his voice.
Is this what you want?
He is neither. He is a singer. n00b.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Quote by Bamitchell

I don't know whether to laugh or cry
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by Bamitchell

You're joking right?
if not.

♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by heavenbesideyou
I don't know whether to laugh or cry

Laugh until you cry. Problem solved.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
he can go very low to the baritone range so is he a baritone that can sing in the tenor range or a tenor that can sing in baritone range, or is the same name
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
Quote by thisismyacc
he can go very low to the baritone range so is he a baritone that can sing in the tenor range or a tenor that can sing in baritone range, or is the same name

according to the quick research i just did, a baritone is your a string to the first f on your top e string. Cornell reaches Bs.
Tenor, mate.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Baritone, tenor, alto, and soprano. He is a fucking amazing singer with a range like no one else. I only wish I could sing as high and as well as him.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by thisismyacc
Im not sure where to put this thread but is chris cornell a baritone or a tenor?

He was Human the last time I checked!

Yeah I know the rent on my fail boat just went up!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by slaptasticdave
Baritone, tenor, alto, and soprano. He is a fucking amazing singer with a range like no one else. I only wish I could sing as high and as well as him.

he's not a soprano, he may be able to sing in the mezzo-soprano range by doing falsetto (I've never heard him do that) but that would make him a countertenor.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
he's not a soprano, he may be able to sing in the mezzo-soprano range by doing falsetto (I've never heard him do that) but that would make him a countertenor.

Listen to Beyond the Wheel and tell me he's not.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by Karvid
Baritone with extended Tenor range...easy
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by slaptasticdave
Listen to Beyond the Wheel and tell me he's not.

he's sining in the mezzo-soprano range using falsetto in that song, which as I said would make him a countertenor this guy is the only true male soprano known to be alive and performing.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
he's sining in the mezzo-soprano range using falsetto in that song, which as I said would make him a countertenor this guy is the only true male soprano known to be alive and performing.

His falsetto is so strong, I don't know how he can put that much power into those high notes.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by Karvid
Quote by slaptasticdave

I'm pretty sure Jeff Buckley (who was actually friends with Cornell) had a better/more expansive range.
Last edited by ASITHOS at Jan 11, 2009,
Quote by ASITHOS
I'm pretty sure Jeff Buckley (who was actually friends with Cornell) had a better/more expansive range.

Was he? I can't remember off the top of my head, was Wave Goodbye written about him?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by Karvid
Quote by ASITHOS

Quote by slaptasticdave
He IS a ****ing amazing singer with a range like no one else.

"Is," in the present tense, is the key word there.
To Slaptasticdave, I believe it was. And I'm not sure about Cornell's vocal range, but I know Buckley had at least a 4-octave range. Either way, they are (were in Buckley's case) both amazing vocalists.

Quote by Flying Couch
"Is," in the present tense, is the key word there.

"Range like no one else" are the key words there, genius. "Is" only indicates that he is a singer.

Your statement would only be valid if he had said "he is an amazing singer with a voice like no one else alive"
Last edited by ASITHOS at Jan 11, 2009,