Would it be possible to buy a bolt on neck and just build the body and then screw on the neck, is it worth building the neck? I'm pretty sure this would work but is it better to build the neck if you have a lot of time?
Totally possible, great idea to start!

I did it... You can easily build the neck, but just do what you're comfortable with

EDIT:

kinda didn't make sense... but There's nothing wrong with using a neck and building a body, but remember that it'll be to their specs and quality, not yours.
------

Shwiggity.
Yes, entirely possible.

Building the neck isn't terribly difficult, you just need a lot of tools.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by deftonesordie
Totally possible, great idea to start!

I did it... You can easily build the neck, but just do what you're comfortable with

EDIT:

kinda didn't make sense... but There's nothing wrong with using a neck and building a body, but remember that it'll be to their specs and quality, not yours.

Well really the thing is I just want a custom body and I'm just going to build it in a short amount of time as I can. My other guitar has a FR on it so I was thinking of making another guitar with either a normal trem or a hardtail so I can bring that for multiple tunings when playing live or something like that.
Good call, It's really a lot easier than it seems, as long as you take your time and measure before you cut!
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
Good call, It's really a lot easier than it seems, as long as you take your time and measure before you cut!

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.