Page 1 of 2
Any quotes that get you thinking. Can be from anywhere. I'll start:

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
"This mess is a place"
- William Murderface
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
"Don't be an idiot". Before doing something, I always think "Would an idiot do this?" And if an idiot would do this, I do not do that thing.
"A person is a person no matter how small."

I have come to the conclusion this is not true though.
Midgets are sub-human.
"The universe tends to unfold as it should."
I see no sign of fortress.
"when in doubt, blame the jews."
This inspired a whole generation in the 40's
Quote by therealtater
that is the first time I have ever actually loled because of the pit you win either a cookie or an internet your choice

Quote by Zero-Hartman
I regularly walk into the living room naked when my parents are watching Greys Anatomy.
In all seriousness,
If we discovered that we only had five minutes left to say all that we wanted to say, every telephone booth would be occupied by people calling other people to stammer that they loved them. - Christopher Morley
kill all humans
Quote by Phorgot
"The universe tends to unfold as it should."

"plus I have a pretty large penis, that keeps me happy"
"Worry is interest paid on a debt you may never owe"

- Chinese Fortune Cookie
XIAOXI
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Einstein of all people.
"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to. "
"It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life."
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens. "

Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
"If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness."

-Victor Hugo
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Quote by Dog--
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Einstein of all people.

Then it doesn't count!
XIAOXI
EDIT:
Right post. Wrong Thread.

Good quote: "What is truth" except it's in latin (Quid est Veritas) the first person that ever asked it I can't remember. Might even be in the bible, but yeah. Doesn't make me think it's just a general quote.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Last edited by Jaykib at Jan 11, 2009,
"'If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea.' 'If I were your husband, I'd drink it.'"

]
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I was considering doing acid a couple days ago, and I told a friend of mine (who was on acid) that I'd probably get really introspective and try to figure out "the answer" or whatever.

He responded with:
"But Chandler, the Answer is the Question."

That sealed the deal for me.
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

^ Yep, that sounds about right.
"A man is a success if he wakes up in the morning and goes to sleep at night, and inbetween he does whatever he wants" - Bob Dylan.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality"
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
"Be the change you wish to see."

Gandhi said that. I try to live my life by that quote.

And this quote by Einstein: "Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." It is quite profound, when you think about it for a little bit.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
"If you truly enjoy what you do for a living, you'll never work a day in your life"
I forget who said it, but it's good advice for picking a career.
"It is better to forget and smile than to remember and be sad."
- Some french poet whom I forgot...

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. - Jim Morrison

Almost all of our sorrows spring out of our relations with other people.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Some people wear their heart up on their sleeve. I wear mine underneath my right pant leg, strapped to my boot.
I forget.

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

God forbid you be an ugly girl, 'course too pretty is also your doom, 'cause everyone harbors a secret hatred for the prettiest girl in the room.
call me Shelby

I agree with the Gandhi quote, "Be the change you wish to see in the world"

Another quote I like comes from Dream Theater

"Seize the day . . . Life will not always be this way. Look around, Hear the sounds, Cherish your life while you're still around"
My Space Add me, I want some UG people on there

Gear
Squier Strat
Ibanez RG7321
OLP John Petrucci Sig Model
'78 Martin D-28
Line 6 Spider II 15 Watt
Peavey Backstage 15 Watt

Carpe Diem...
...Seize the Day
"It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees"
Chinese proverb.

Damn right! I love that quote.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"

-Douglas Adams
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
mines probably from Scrubs when some optamistic jackass thinks ppl are made of candy and dr cox goes

"you know what people are deep down?...bastards! bastard covered bastards with bastard filling!"

ok its not fully meaningfull but i still like it.
Viking/Folk Metal Group <--Join!
Quote by telemonster
I dont get the whole EMO thing.....kinda like vountering to get your ass kicked.

Quote by Night_Lights
What idiot puts Randy Rhoads and Dimebag above Hendrix in any guitar list?
Quote by Guitarlord44
well they were both better than hendrix
"Men must attempt to develop in themselves and their children liberation from the sense of self ...men must be free from boundaries, patterns and consistencies in order to be free to think, feel and create in new ways"
-Luke Rhinehart

and

"Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man."
-Bertrand Russell
"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Sophocles.

Dunno, it just really means something to me.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote in my sig always struck me with thought. I have heaps of quotes archived, but as for meaningful, and the pit... I give you an American Beauty quote also:
I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world.
"sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks."

e-cookie for whoever gets it.
My sig:
"Since we don't live where there is nothing to eat, there's no reason for us to question ourselves, 'How we will we get by?'" roughly translated from Spanish from the song "Gimme the Power" by Molotov. Anytime I start to slip into complainandbitch mode when I get a lot of homework or something, I think of this.
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Page 1 of 2