check out my little demo version of a song i'm making in my profile
its titled "do you know the way"
its really really rough, and i just made it today, wrote it last night
thanks

link if you're that lazy:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/acdclandon/
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
ok, your guitar is pretty out of tune sounding, but you could be accidentaly bending the strings as you pick. i like the idea, but the execution could be better. the vocals were pretty decent, but should be louder/ more enthusiastic. this really reminds me of pink floyd.
Too cool for a signature.
Thanks for the crit, I'll try messing with the vocal effect some more to tune it down

Listened to do you know the way... intro bass line seems to get out of synch witht he guitar in places. Might just be trying to be a little too creative. When vocals kick in it sounds good, but vocals need to be turned up a lot, can't pick out any words to know what you're singing.

Distortion at 2mins is a good idea, but the level of dist you're using is too much. Take it down a few notches.

Solo at 2:25 is cool, I like it. The switch to distorted guitars can work but you need that rhythm guitar to be less crunchy.

Overall the vocal part seems short in the song... long intro, bit of words, then solo/outro. Might add another verse or shorten the intro.

But mainly up the vocal volume and reduce distortion on rhythm guitar.
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
Sounded alright but it seems to be only coming out of one speaker? I don't hear much in the way of a left channel on the recording. Couldn't really understand the vox, maybe add more treble to the vocal track.

Cheers,
J
thanks all for responding
1. the way i record things is unfortunately in mono, i don't know why, but it is
2. yeah i agree the vocal track should be turned up, i'll mess with that
3. the distorted guitar piece turned out badly because my setup leggs a lot, i listen to it and record at the same time, yet it turns out off, which is unfortunate but oh well
and yes i will turn down the distortion a little bit

thanks for the recommendations
i think i'll take what you guys said and record a new one and post is here so be ready, possibly later today
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE