Hi everyone. I just got a Fender Supersonic combo amp and acquired a couple new pedals to enhance the tone out of an already great amp. I've been experimenting with pedal setup but I'd like to get some suggestions on how to best order them.

The Supersonic has an effects loop with send and receive input/output that I do not have with my Fender Champ so I have no idea on how to take advantage of the effects loop or how the setup of pedals might influence the overall tone. Should some of the pedals be placed in the chain from the guitar directly into the amp and some through the effects loop?

I would really appreciate any advice on the best order for setting up the pedals I have and some suggestions for additional pedals I plan to add in the future.

Gear I want to hook up:
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression/Sustain
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay

Other gear I want to add down the road:
Chorus pedal
Wah pedal

Thanks for any and all ideas!
Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Ibanez RG5ERX1
Fender MIM Telecaster
Fender Acoustic
Fender Supersonic Combo
Boss TU-2 / CS-3 / DD-20 / Vox Satchurator / Hardwire CR-7 / Vox Big Bad Wah / ISP Decimator G-String
GREAT choice for an amp. This is probably the best amp I have ever played. I love Boss pedals too, but I don't have any experience with those listed except the DS-1, which I did not care for. I recommend an Ibanez Tubescreamer.
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland
*bump*
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Ibanez RG5ERX1
Fender MIM Telecaster
Fender Acoustic
Fender Supersonic Combo
Boss TU-2 / CS-3 / DD-20 / Vox Satchurator / Hardwire CR-7 / Vox Big Bad Wah / ISP Decimator G-String
Gear I want to hook up:
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression/Sustain
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay

Other gear I want to add down the road:
Chorus pedal
Wah pedal

there are no strict rules on how to set up pedals. But try this:

Guitar -> TU-2 -> CS-3 -> DS-1 -> Amp, and put the DD-20 in the FX loop.

I would advise getting a footswitch to switch channels if your amp is compatible with one, and using that to switch between clean and distortion, and use the DS-1 as more of a boost (volume max, dist pretty low) to add hard edges to the sound, otherwise you'll probably be disappointed with the DS-1's sound in comparison to your amp's overdrive, and left thinking the DS-1 is pointless and crap (which it's not).
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Hi Blompcube. Thanks for the reply and ideas. I'll give that orientation a try.

The amp does have a footswitch which allows switching between the channels and also switching on the effects loop.

How about a chorus or wah? Both in the guitar -> amp chain? Any other ideas from anyone please?
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Ibanez RG5ERX1
Fender MIM Telecaster
Fender Acoustic
Fender Supersonic Combo
sorry to be a thread pirate but.... how good is the super sonic?/ would you say it's better than a vox ac30HH?

and sorry i cant really help with the pedals lol i dont use many effects

so is a supersonic better than a vox ac30 hh?
Hi eberg2. No problem about straying on the topic for me , keeps it up where someone can contribute maybe

Anyway I can't speak for the VOX really as I have not tried it. I did some looking though and see that it's a head rather than the combo unit I have. The supersonic comes in both flavors (head or combo) but the head does not come with reverb. The reverb that is in the combo is amazing and so shimmering that the first time I heard it I fell in love with the amp. The clean channel is crystal clear and so wide open you can really pick out the clarity of individual notes and tones.

The supersonic has two channels, Vintage and Burn. The vintage (clean) channel has two settings Vibrolux or Bassman and both sound great. The vibrolux is super clean and bassman warms it up a lot. The Burn channel has multiple cascading gain controls that can really alter the tone and provide a lot of variety.

I love the amp so far and really look forward to playing with it. Hopefully someone with some VOX experience can chime in and offer some views on that amp.
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Ibanez RG5ERX1
Fender MIM Telecaster
Fender Acoustic
Fender Supersonic Combo
Quote by Tiarella Jones
Hi eberg2. No problem about straying on the topic for me , keeps it up where someone can contribute maybe

Anyway I can't speak for the VOX really as I have not tried it. I did some looking though and see that it's a head rather than the combo unit I have. The supersonic comes in both flavors (head or combo) but the head does not come with reverb. The reverb that is in the combo is amazing and so shimmering that the first time I heard it I fell in love with the amp. The clean channel is crystal clear and so wide open you can really pick out the clarity of individual notes and tones.

The supersonic has two channels, Vintage and Burn. The vintage (clean) channel has two settings Vibrolux or Bassman and both sound great. The vibrolux is super clean and bassman warms it up a lot. The Burn channel has multiple cascading gain controls that can really alter the tone and provide a lot of variety.

I love the amp so far and really look forward to playing with it. Hopefully someone with some VOX experience can chime in and offer some views on that amp.

thanks ahaha, this helped a lot, hmm now i need a vox lover to balance this out for me lol, the only thing im really worried about with this amp is no mid control, id use the head cus i like 4/12 punch and bass and what not, plus i like being able to get different sounds using head/cabs to change it up a bit, i know its probaly my speakers but it seemed like a lot of hype for not a lot of amp.... i guess ill ahve to find a way to try both lol, ahh.... allright tahks

well back to your topic haha
This is an old thread, but I'm having fun with a Supersonic and thought I'd post. I own a number of Fender amps, Super Reverb, Blues Jr. Mustang III, and others, but have recently started playing through a Supersonic 60.
Now the cool thing is that it has essentially three channels, hidden in a two channel format, and two effects loops. The first effects loop is footswitchable, and is tube driven. So if just jumper the effects loop you can use it as a tube boost. That effects loop has an input and output volume level so you can really dial it in. The 2nd effects loop is an output right before the power tubes, and then an input, into the power tube section.
So...here is what I'm doing. I have a boost in the first effects section along with a distortion pedal. The second loop I have a reverb, (TC T2) an echo and a vibrato pedal.
The objective is avoid sending the reverb and modulation stuff through the preamp tubes as they end to compress the entire signal due to the reverb hanging around too long. That makes the amp less responsive to the guitar.
I am actually thinking of getting rid of the distortion pedal. I don't need it with this amp. There is tube gain for days and days. I can dial in the tube driven tone I need.
Another cool use of the 1st effects loop, is that you can turn the volume down at that stage and still preserve the tone from the preamp tubes. Takes some work, but its great for practice and smaller venues set up like that.