Sorry if this has been done before but I am a lazy ass and didn't feel like searching. So what do you guys think are the worst-sounding riffs by good bands? I can't think of any off the top of my head......
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by Punkable_Tabs
I cum blood

YAY!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
Best of Both Worlds - Hannah Montana

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Quote by PixieDust13
every riff acdc has ever written....................... oh you said good bands?

**** your couch!
I will never understand why people rip on metallica... Personal preference I guess

But either way

I actually like the riff for St. Anger, the the album is ****...

Only thing that comes to mind with me is... WINGER... The Post-solo of Heading For A Heartbreak... It's not a ****ty riff.. I just hate it. I just play along to the song, and then after the solo, I always switch to a different song.. Kind of annoying.
The verse riff to Dig by Incubus really doesn't sound right to me. I love Incubus and I love that song a whole lot but the lead guitar bothers me. It's one of the few songs where I like the lyrics a whole lot better than the music.
Just for the record...probably has been done before, the UG is like that episode of South Park where butters keeps trying to be original and everyone tells him the Simpsons did it...

The UG IS, The Simpsons.

Back on track...I'd say almost every band has some songs where you're just like...wtf?!...can't think of anything specifically right now though...
I'm going to be eaten alive for even suggesting this band is good, and well, if people aren't mature enough, that's their problem. One I hate is "Girl I Know" by Avenged Sevenfold. Most of the time, i can't get enough of their music but that song is like, wtf?
I hate people. Especially black people.
Set the World Afire by Megadeth.

Love the band, the song ain't bad, but in the beginning the riff kinda confuses me....
Quote by TGFMusic
Just for the record...probably has been done before, the UG is like that episode of South Park where butters keeps trying to be original and everyone tells him the Simpsons did it...

The UG IS, The Simpsons.

Back on track...I'd say almost every band has some songs where you're just like...wtf?!...can't think of anything specifically right now though...

Que lol?

Invaders - Iron Maiden.
Quote by PixieDust13
every riff acdc has ever written....................... oh you said good bands?

yeah, AC/DC has done liek nothing for music!! LOL lol!!!

you, sir, are an idiot
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by prunejuiceman74
I'm going to be eaten alive for even suggesting this band is good, and well, if people aren't mature enough, that's their problem. One I hate is "Girl I Know" by Avenged Sevenfold. Most of the time, i can't get enough of their music but that song is like, wtf?

I enjoy A7X. I don't know a lot of their music but you can't deny that Bat Country is catchy as hell.

I don't know why people don't like them, I guess because of the subculture connotations? I don't even know what genre they are
Quote by JuicyJuiceBox
The verse riff to Dig by Incubus really doesn't sound right to me. I love Incubus and I love that song a whole lot but the lead guitar bothers me. It's one of the few songs where I like the lyrics a whole lot better than the music.

I agree, but I don't even like that song much. I like all other Incubus songs better. I guess it's just that I get pissed when people hear "Dig" on the radio and they're like "I love Incubus," and they don't own any of their records.
Quote by GoToSleep
I agree, but I don't even like that song much. I like all other Incubus songs better. I guess it's just that I get pissed when people hear "Dig" on the radio and they're like "I love Incubus," and they don't own any of their records.

Sounds like my mum, kinda. Owns every album by every band on the radio, and only listens to their singles. Then throws in the next CD.
Quote by xaviergray
I enjoy A7X. I don't know a lot of their music but you can't deny that Bat Country is catchy as hell.

I don't know why people don't like them, I guess because of the subculture connotations? I don't even know what genre they are

a7x are in the ever increasing genre called "$hit", bands in this genre include: slayer
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by cerveza
yeah, AC/DC has done liek nothing for music!! LOL lol!!!

you, sir, are an idiot

Uhm, so much for voicing my opinion you elitist pig. So im an idiot because i don't favor AC/DC?

Also enlighten me on what they have done? I don't remember ever seeing anything but a no talentless singer dying and some fat taxi cab member joining.. The Riffs are nothing special... I can almost guarantee if AC/DC were a new band from today with the same riffs they wouldn't be half of what they are now. I can honestly say they are one of the worse bands I've ever been graced to hear and i've heard a lot of ****ty bands.
Quote by PixieDust13
Uhm, so much for voicing my opinion you elitist pig. So im an idiot because i don't favor AC/DC?

Also enlighten me on what they have done? I don't remember ever seeing anything but a no talentless singer dying and some fat taxi cab member joining.. The Riffs are nothing special... I can almost guarantee if AC/DC were a new band from today with the same riffs they wouldn't be half of what they are now. I can honestly say they are one of the worse bands I've ever been graced to hear and i've heard a lot of ****ty bands.

They inspired many people to play guitar and made *some* memorable riffs.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I hate the random riff in Raining Blood before the first verse starts (1:07 - 1:22). Its just annoying as hell to me. But the rest of the song is good.
The gun in my mouth was real.
And the taste?
Quote by titsmcgee852
They inspired many people to play guitar and made *some* memorable riffs.

True, but they didn't do anything new, they're more like the poster band for hard rock. Like if somebody had never heard a hard rock song in their life and wanted to know a good place to start AC/DC would be a good pick because they encompass so much of hard rock.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by Alpha_Wolf

I know right!?

Usually her stuff is gold, GOLD I tells ya!
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Erotomania - Dream theater

I would have to agree.
Quote by Alpha_Wolf

GOOD bands, not some wannabe who deserves to be killed
PURPLE IS SEXY
Quote by JuicyJuiceBox

That's an awesome lead line, despite its fairly distinct lack of originality.

Mine would be Zee Deveel and Out from Under by Incubus, I really don't like that song. Also, The Spirit Carries On by Dream Theater should take the cake though, that is a piece of horse****.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by PixieDust13

Come back when you have grammar, and also, I may not be a huge AC/DC fan or anything, but you can't get off calling Bon Scott talentless.

And the thread is for worst riffs by good bands. If you don't consider AC/DC a good band, then you shouldn't have said anything about any of their riffs, and just said something about a band you like.

One of my least favorite riffs of a good band is The Soft Cell by A Wilhelm Scream
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Last edited by ratmblink123 at Jan 12, 2009,