I searched and didn't find anything really so i'll see what you guys know on the subject.

I am in need of a good quality microphone that will plug up to the computer (if i'm correct on this any mic can do that it just needs the adapter at the end) so I am able to record my classical songs.

The one I have now is cheap ass 10 dollar one for a computer and it clicks all the time and the chords sound muddy as hell.

200 dollars is the highest I would go for one. Suggest away pit!
I
you probably want to look at USB mics, otherwise you're going to need a preamp/audio interface to get anything approaching a decent sound. You could also look at a $100 recording interface (there are quite a few of them out there) and a $100 mic (maybe a Sure SM-58)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jan 11, 2009,
you know what the best microphone is?...THE ROCKBAND MICROPHONE! srsly dude. i hung that thing in fromt of my guitar amp and used windows sound recorder and it was almost crystal clear!
Viking/Folk Metal Group <--Join!
Quote by telemonster
I dont get the whole EMO thing.....kinda like vountering to get your ass kicked.

Quote by Night_Lights
What idiot puts Randy Rhoads and Dimebag above Hendrix in any guitar list?
Quote by Guitarlord44
well they were both better than hendrix
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Which one would have better quality the USB or the other method?

There are some pretty nice USB condenser mics out there, but most of that stuff is geared towards recording vocals, the recording interface will be much more versatile.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
There are some pretty nice USB condenser mics out there, but most of that stuff is geared towards recording vocals, the recording interface will be much more versatile.

But how much versatility do I really need for just an acoustic?

Quote by Zapht
you know what the best microphone is?...THE ROCKBAND MICROPHONE! srsly dude. i hung that thing in fromt of my guitar amp and used windows sound recorder and it was almost crystal clear!

Haha really? Im gonna have to go grab it and give it a try.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
But how much versatility do I really need for just an acoustic?

depends on you, if you have a electro-acoustic you may want to DI it, which most interfaces will let you do, or use a multiple mic set up. or record other stuff at some point.

Last.fm
Quote by Guitarfreak777

Haha really? Im gonna have to go grab it and give it a try.

I'm gonna have to go with Zapht on this one. It's awesome. I haven't posted any songs that have been recorded with it, but believe me, it's great.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~