Is this amp better than what i currently own (in sig) and should i get this amp? As much as I have read about amps i still know nothing about themi want a tube amp i can gig with and i dont want to have to pay a huge amount for it. will somebody please help me?
Gear
Guitar - Schecter C-1 Classic
Amp - Crate FXT65
Pedals - Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Digitech RP350

On Backup
Guitar - Baja Mini Strat
Amp - Baja 10W
What kind of music do you play? Budget?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
What kind of music do you play? Budget?
i play classic rock to metal and my budget is somewhere around 500 to 600, but lower is also fine
Gear
Guitar - Schecter C-1 Classic
Amp - Crate FXT65
Pedals - Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Digitech RP350

On Backup
Guitar - Baja Mini Strat
Amp - Baja 10W
in tube amps expensive means good. a 2000$ tube amp is way better that a 500$ like the valveking or any other "cheap" tube amp... Now it also depends on the brand (Marshall is WAY overpriced). tube is always better than solid state, no matter what others say, so go for it (try changing the speaker for a Celestion V30 afterwards), but if you can raise your budget go for something better
Yeah, tube isn't always better than solid state.

For example, I'd take the cleans of a jazz chorus over a VK ANY DAY. And I would take a VH-140c over one, too.

Anyway, if it's 500-600 USD...used Traynor YCV50 Blue, Peavey Classic 30, possibly a used F30...Orange Tiny Terror used?(Lol)
Fender American Strat HSS MAHOGANY!
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner
Egnater Tweaker 1x12 Combo
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12 combo
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE
Last edited by harrisonmon at Jan 12, 2009,
^if you have $500-$600 then those are great choices for used gear - which I recommend a lot. Valveking can do all of that obviously but you will need some of that budget for a speaker, OD pedal, maybe new tubes and an EQ. If you are not interested in tweaking an amp and making some minor modifications then it may not be for you.

Here is the Valveking thread. there are a ton of clips on Page 1 and Necrophagist777 just posted a clip on the last page that shows some of the diversity of the amp.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969296&page=1&pp=20

Otherwise, check craigslist for some deals. The B52AT60 is on sale too for $360. Won't last long and think that is a good amp for the money.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 12, 2009,
You could get an Ampeg VH-140C for less than your budget. That is if you can find one. If I could find one of those then I would get one too .

With a speaker change, an OD and maybe an EQ you can get some really nice tones in the genre your looking for, but used is the way to go if you can find a VH-140, 5150 etc.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top