I plan on graduating early next year.. I'm 16, and I will be 17 when i plan to graduate. My mom is dead-set against me graduating early, and she keeps throwing excuses of how and why i shouldn't.. The latest excuse is how i will be off my parent's insurance if i graduate before my second semester of my senior year. Basically, if I graduate early, will i lose my parent's insurance, since i'm not a student? or will there be any other issues from graduating early?

(my parent's insurance is wellmark blue cross blue shield, i don't know if that makes that much of a difference... but yeah..)
dunno for sure.

try a semester of community college if it does.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Quote by Survivalism
You'll be off if it when you turn 18, anyway.

not true. I'm nineteen and still on my moms. As long as I do at least sixteen credit hours a semester I can stay insured by her until I'm twenty five.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Quote by ifeastonbums
not true. I'm nineteen and still on my moms. As long as I do at least sixteen credit hours a semester I can stay insured by her until I'm twenty five.

yes, this is how health insurance works in the US. and there's no way you can lose it until you turn 18 at any rate.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
you should be covered untill ur 19 but if you go to college you have coverage till 22
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Quote by Opethfan1
you should be covered untill ur 19 but if you go to college you have coverage till 22

it's 25 not 22. (this is obviously assuming you go to graduate school or something)

Last.fm
Usually you only lose it if you're not in school. If you plan on going to college you should be okay.
Depends on the plan, but you re guaranteed until 18 or 19, and then if you go to college fulltime, you get a few more years. I'm good on insurance until 23 through my dads. And, I get flight benefits as well XD
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Thats cool..im graduating early too and on the same semester and year . Sept Im 18 in two months.

lol well I dont know how insurance goes, but considering youre only gonna be 17..youd be limited in jobs age wise. Job is your ticket to money..which insurance will cost you if you cant get with your parents. Thats as far as my advice goes
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
i plan on going to college as soon as i can, whether it be when i'm 17, during 2nd semester senior year, (i need one semester to take required classes to graduate) or the first semester of the next year.. I don't think it's possible for me to go to college when i'm 17 though. my parents would never allow me to leave before i turn 18 anyway, and i'm fine with that.. i just figure i can get some cash put away from a full time job instead of taking a pointless semester of school.. eh?
Quote by godofdeth
i plan on going to college as soon as i can, whether it be when i'm 17, during 2nd semester senior year, (i need one semester to take required classes to graduate) or the first semester of the next year.. I don't think it's possible for me to go to college when i'm 17 though. my parents would never allow me to leave before i turn 18 anyway, and i'm fine with that.. i just figure i can get some cash put away from a full time job instead of taking a pointless semester of school.. eh?

If you get a full time job that means you can get dropped from your parents insurance, I went to college at 17, it's very doable.

Last.fm
Quote by godofdeth

Why not? My best friend is graduating in a few months and he JUST turned 17..he plans on going straight to college during his summer break. Or is this purely a parent thing ?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Well in most situations, you're on your folks insurance for as long as you're in school, which generally includes college.
So if you're heading off to college, there most likely won't be a problem, and she's probably just bluffing.
And I also know that regardless of school, you're safe till you're a legal adult (which is usually 18).

Again, this might be different with your insurance.

I dunno.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
TS I also have a form of Blue Cross Blue Shield. In my plan I am covered till I am 18 and then till 25 as long as I am enrolled in college. Every year I have to have my school fax an enrollment verification form over to BCBS as proof I'm in college. Your still good TS!
is too young to be versed in such grown up ways...

please listen to my band at www.drawntofury.com