Hi all. I was looking in getting a DiMarzio Air Zone for my bridge pup on my Ibanez SA160, but unfortunately I can't get them in South Africa and will have to import since the dealership in SA is lost at the moment.

Now we get EMG and Seymour Duncan here. Anyone have an idea of what EMG or Seymour Duncan humbucker (must be PASSIVE) have more or less the same characteristics than the Air Zone. I'm looking for vintage but still high output, nice harmonics (most important feature for me) and doesn't sound muddy like the Dimebucker for say.
for what types of music? you won't get the exact tone of the Air Zone from a Duncan or an EMG pickup.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Probably something like a Duncan JB or Custom 5 might be up your alley. Idk what the Tone Zone sounds like exactly, but by looking at specs (around 17k, a5 magnet), I'm just throwing something out that might be similar.
Thanks, what is what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a Petrucci/Satriani/Friedman/Gilbert sound all in one pickup basicly. I play mostly metal and hard rock.
you can try an Alternative 8. i heard it's an amazing pickup. you can also check the Screamin Demon and Custom.
Quote by WantzChas
Screaming demon is the George Lynch signature?

yes. it's actually a low/medium output pickup with lots of clarity but can still do heavier stuff.
Hard choice. I'd rule out EMG passives The DiMarzios will likely have a warmer sound than SD's but not a huge difference, so if buying local is important, go with the SD.
Choices choices. I'll try a couple of guitars at the store with SD out, probably Jacksons, and see what I get.