Cuz i was thinking of getting 1 and it looked beautiful. But ive been told by non guitar playing friends that it looks sissy and i wanted ur guys opinion if i t looks bad. And please dont tell me i shouldnt care what other people think.
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
Last edited by Supersonic64 at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by Supersonic64
Cuz i was thinking of getting 1 and it looked beautiful. But ive been told by non guitar playing friends that it looks sissy and i wanted ur guys opinion if i t looks bad. And please dont tell me i shouldnt care what other people think.

no way dude, not sissy at all. its all about the exotic-ness of it that makes it bad ass. go for it.
^ Why the hell do people quote the first post? I mean seriously, that makes NO sense.

On topic: I love my hummingbird, and chicks seem to dig it too. I love the attention I get when I play it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
^ Why the hell do people quote the first post? I mean seriously, that makes NO sense.

On topic: I love my hummingbird, and chicks seem to dig it too. I love the attention I get when I play it.

thx that could come in handy lol
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
No way. Hummingbirds are great guitars. Your friends are stupid. Excluding overtly girly guitars like the Daisy Rock brand, there's nothing masculine or non masculine about any guitar.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Sid McCall

its habit. its not like i was like OMG I HAVE TO QUOTE. relax and get the balls out of ur mouth.
Quote by Brokntragedy
its habit. its not like i was like OMG I HAVE TO QUOTE. relax and get the balls out of ur mouth.

Take your own advice much? kthxbai

TS: Nothing girly about it. It sounds great, so get it.
Don't care what people think.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Being able to confidently play a guitar with birds and flowers on it is the best form of natural male enhancement there is. Ignore your manly-man friends. Hummingbirds are fantastic. Get one if you have the opportunity.
Outstanding guitar! The originals by Gibson are voiced to blend well with vocals, for whatever that's worth. They also have a very slim neck, more reminiscent of a 60s taper Les Paul than a typical acoustic neck. Very easy to play, like a Taylor.

I think the cherry-burst is an awesome finish, and if you can play it well, I promise that your macho buddies will shut the hell up.
Hummingbirds are so ballin'. Anyone who says they're girly is insecure with their masculinity.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Right, somebody answer me this question:

Why do i think it looks ugly as hell? I really don't know. How can i overcome this?
I don't like the look of it either. Doesn't really look professional to me. Its all justified by the sound though.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I'd certainly wanted a feminine guitar. I wouldn't want to play on a man all day.
"And everybody knows that you live forever
Ah, when you've done a line or two"
I have a dove, I almost got a hummingbird.
But I'm a girl.
One of my guy friends has the hummingbird and I don't think it's un-masculine...it's a guitar.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by Tempoe
Their not as feminine as butterflies.

actually there are some butterflies on it to i think...just sayin'
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by A Rolling Stone
actually there are some butterflies on it to i think...just sayin'

You guys might hate me because this is a big picture, but this thing is just plain pretty.
Equipment:

Hummingbirds are for the little girlies who can't pick up or play the monster of all acoustics
THE J 200

jk Hummingbirds are cool too.
Last edited by Tommy Walker at Jan 12, 2009,
Aren't all guitars girls?? All of mine have girls' names -- they're just so darn pretty!!!

And if someone knocks your hummingbird... maybe they'd like a v-coustic???
Nope. I actually thing they're quite awesome looking

Quote by civildp1
No way. Hummingbirds are great guitars. Your friends are stupid. Excluding overtly girly guitars like the Daisy Rock brand, there's nothing masculine or non masculine about any guitar.

You know, there is another acoustic that looks rather feminine other than Daisy Rock.

The Takamines that have a butterfly/flower design on the body.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I named all my guitars girl names. My Art & Lutherie is Chloe and my Martin is Kayla. I don't think my brother named his Seagull. Never bothered to name my bass because I didn't play it very long.

The way I figure it... I'm a man and I don't want to feel up a male guitar.
Equipment:

Quote by Tempoe
Their not as feminine as butterflies.
Actually it has a butterfly on it

And no it isn't non masculine, all the girls love it and it plays great, It's my favorite guitar

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

I always thought of guitars as female as well... just like ships and cars have traditionally been given female names? Anyways... speaking as a girl, I have to say that what the guitar looks like matters little. It's the man behind the guitar that I'm looking for.
Are you really that unconfident about your masculinity that you're asking whether a guitar is man enough?

Don't be such a pussy and buy what you like!
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I love that guitar great tone and looks good...wish I had enough cash to afford it. Oh yeah my main guitar's name is Lucy...seriously most guitars have a female name.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Predator
1961 Acoustic Kay
Classical Rhapsody
Zakk Wylde Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss SD-1
Last edited by Zappanator at Jan 13, 2009,