So there are two models of the Digitech Whammy series that everyone knows. The Whammy I (The original) and the Whammy IV (The one currently be produced)
My question is this: Why is the Whammy I so much more sought after than the Whammy IV? Is it just because it is the original, so its logically better, or is there a change in quality?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
It's pretty much the same thing... to be honest, i'd go (and did) for the IV. It's cheaper, extra functions, and easier to find.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
The original tracks a little bit better and sucks less tone than the new one, but the difference really isn't that noticeable. Also, an original will cost a small fortune and will have fewer features.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
The original tracks a little bit better and sucks less tone than the new one, but the difference really isn't that noticeable. Also, an original will cost a small fortune and will have fewer features.

+1

The orginals are going for $450 plus on ebay at the moment. Way to rich for most peoples blood...
Thanks for all the help everyone.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by papersun87
indie cred

Pretty much this.

The IV is pretty much supposed to be the original in a new casing and with some extra features added, such as the divebomb effect and midi control options.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.