Hey guys I play a Dean ML79F . After one great year with it I wanna change the pickups and the ****ty licensed floyd . I have plans on changing the pickups to EMG 81 and 85 and the trem to a kahler 2315 (The one that Jeff from Slayer uses) . Any advice ? I play music ranging from Children of Bodom , Megadeth to Guns n' Roses and even Opeth.
Buy a PRS ;-)
Send the children to the fire, sons and daughters stack the pyre.
Stoke the flame of the empire, live to lie another day.
My advice is to change guitar, as the trem replacement isn't worth it. If you must keep it, I suggest you at least put another FR model in, save the hassle of switching to a Kahler.

Also, EMGs for Opeth? No-no.
Put a standard Floyd Rose Original in there> less work to fit it

Buy some passive seymour duncans like the sh-5/sh-4/sh-10/sh-6 for the bands you listed
dimardios are amazing pups especially wih flloyds.

with the ML if yoru gonna swap out the FR do it for an OFR and nothing less....thats a lie shaller make some good ones
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Check out the Gotoh floyd, it's as good as if not better than the original floyd. It can be found at half the price of an original floyd rose as well, depending on where you live.
Quote by nav00
dimardios are amazing pups especially wih flloyds.

with the ML if yoru gonna swap out the FR do it for an OFR and nothing less....thats a lie shaller make some good ones

+1 to Schaller. I'm still rocking the Schaller FR that I bought in the late 80's. It's been through 3 guitars & I've only recently managed to break the original trem posts, but the unit itself is still as stable and hassle-free as ever.

DiMarzio SD's will give you more of a 'classic' metal type of sound, btw.
Last edited by sinofian at Jan 12, 2009,
Thanks a lot guys ..... I've checked my local guitar shop and they don't have any OFRs but they've got schallers so i think i'll stick with that . I'll most probably get the Dimarzio SDs , but just asking , how do they compare to Seymour Duncan Distortions ?
+1 on the OFR

Ive got a 79 Ml that im gonna upgrade the pickups, i like EMGS too but thats where my Schecter C1 Hellraiser will come in. Like everyone else said go with some Hot Seymour Duncan pickups, The SH5 and 4 will be fine.