Okay. So today I recieved my Roland Cube 60. I've just been playing around with the effects and I connected my iPod Video up to it for one song. I told my friend on msn and he said its bad for the amp and he has been told by people not to do it.

I'm just wondering everyones opinion on this and why it would be dangerous.
If this helps it has a exsisting speaker port at the back of the amp which says in the booklet it came with that its for PA systems etc, so I guessed iPods will fall into that category.

Anyway, just was wondering because I don't want to ruin my brand new amp.

Cheers
Any Aussie mountain bikers out there?
Join up to Farkin or BMU
Nah, it's not dangerous. An ipod doesn't have that much output so it's not gonna blow up your amp or anything.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by HeliuM
Nah, it's not dangerous. An ipod doesn't have that much output so it's not gonna blow up your amp or anything.

this
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Yeah it'l be fine, its what its made for after all.

Although, some people will "break in" their new speakers by leaving an ipod or music player, playing music instead of letting the speaker break in from just playing guitar, this is what I think is considered bad as it has unwanted affects on the speaker.
I may be wrong of course?
Kaya Scodelario... Wow

GEAR:
Air
Purple Tortex Jazz Picks
how do you connect an ipod into a amp?
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Well, the input will take a lead sized plugs, my dad has alot of old lead style plugs which he used on his stereo. I found one that converts "standard" sized iPod headphone plugs into the lead style plugs. Its just a add on thing, I also had a double sided iPod style plug i.e 2 male plugs for an ipod. i chucked one end in my ipod and one end in the amp.

I used the word plug because i dont know what the real anme for it is, but you get what i mean.

By the way I used it in the input and i found it to be very loud and very bassy. I put it into the exsisting speaking port which is hidden away at the bottem and found its not as loud but alot cleaner. This would be great for playing along to songs with. while you can still hear the song but the guitar is the perfect loudness.

edit- by ipod i mean all mp3 style headphone plugs
Any Aussie mountain bikers out there?
Join up to Farkin or BMU
Someone correct me on this, but wouldn't it be more likely to damage the ipod (if at all?).

It probably won't do any damage though, it's a fairly common-ish thing to do- the best way would be to use the line out (i.e. with a dock connector)
......... because here at mcdonald's our special ingredient is our people...