Ok I made a topic stating my problem a while ago, but I didnt exactly explain everything correctly, so this'll be a mk.II

Basically I'm coming to the point where I want to improve my complete setup, since it's now only a Cube 15X and a Motion (80 bucks) stratocaster with a non-working trem and bridge PU (will sort the PU problem next week though). I play almost everything, from classical to blues to poprock to Progdeath, so I'll need an amp and guitar (and possible FX) that'll work for lost of different things.

now, here's the catch...

Since I live in a very noisy house, and my mom had a stroke, I can't play with my amp (since the stroke she's been supersensitive to noise). Even if I put the power squeezer on and put the volume on 0.5, at which you can hear the guitar itself over the amp, she'll yell that it's too loud. So I'll need something which has a headphonejack. The problem here is, that I can't run a high-watt amp, since I'll blow my ears/headphones up. Also, I prefer the sound of a tube amp, and I don't know of much tube-amps with a headphonejack.

Since I play a big variety of music, I've been wondering if something like a Pod X3 (live or normal) or a Boss GT-10 would work for me, since both have amp modeling ( I think ) and both have a headphone-out (again, I think). The major problem I have with my Cube 15x is, that once I play with my headphones, all the dist channels sound the same with the gain past 6,5-7. I have no idea if the boss/line6 give the same sound.

also I won't be gettin out of the house for at least another 2 years (I think) to cut the college costs abit

so yeah, it's a long story (sorry ) and if you need me to cut it down in size abit I'll try, but pls help. All suggestions are welcome

been playing bit less than 2 years, Oh the budget 'll be about.... €1250, give or take 150....

...and yes I'll also be upgrading to another guitar, possibly from the same budget but if that don't work I'll bear with the ol' crappocaster abit more
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by RHCPROCK!

TS sorry tl;dr but to this i say the line 6 mini pod would be better
I use my X3 Live with a pair of Sennheiser HD 212Pro headphones for quiet, bedroom practice. It's exactly what you need.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I have the same headphones, HD 212pro and also a 201 when I don't need much bass

but the live will work? thats cool. The guitar teacher from a friend o mine said that I shouldn't buy the X3live but rather a boss GT-10 or a Korg 3000 (he has both of em btw) and his main reason (or what he emphasised on) is that the korg features some sort of touchpad, you barely touch them and the go on / off. Whereas the Line 6 has the push buttons which (according to him) take more force to press and if you press them a lil too softly it won't respond. I don't really think it's much of an issue (not that I worked with effect units before, part from the on-board effects on my cube 15x) but does it mean that it'll break sooner? I mean they put a 1 year warranty on it and I don't want €450 out of the window after a year of playing

oh and thanks for the suggestions (all 3 of em so far ^^' )
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Jan 12, 2009,
Dunno, I didn't find any sound clips on the website (still need to check YT) and I haven't seen em in the music stores I've visited... seen A LOT of orange amps though oh nelly if I didn't have the ****ty budget/ house ....
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
I have the same headphones, HD 212pro and also a 201 when I don't need much bass

but the live will work? thats cool. The guitar teacher from a friend o mine said that I shouldn't buy the X3live but rather a boss GT-10 or a Korg 3000 (he has both of em btw) and his main reason (or what he emphasised on) is that the korg features some sort of touchpad, you barely touch them and the go on / off. Whereas the Line 6 has the push buttons which (according to him) take more force to press and if you press them a lil too softly it won't respond. I don't really think it's much of an issue (not that I worked with effect units before, part from the on-board effects on my cube 15x) but does it mean that it'll break sooner? I mean they put a 1 year warranty on it and I don't want €450 out of the window after a year of playing

oh and thanks for the suggestions (all 3 of em so far ^^' )

Yes, the buttons are different. The X3 Live has those old-school-EHX-like switches and they work fine. Either way, they're METAL as compared to the plastic ones found on the GT's and the AX3000. They feel much sturdier and are easier to press as well... plus from what i've seen, it's also much more user-friendly because of the switch placements, particularly in live situations (I seriously had problems changing banks and even finding the tuner on my ex-band mate's gt-8 on my own; the x3 has a great lay out imo).
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jan 12, 2009,
ok Will look into it (and off course the other suggestions as well) tho I think the line6 should be good thanks for the advice!
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.