Sometimes when I turn it on it emits a buzzing sound out of its back. This doesn't happen all the time.
It's a Randall 100W G2 series amp.

If anyone could tell me why this happens I'd appreciate it.
It could be about a million and a half things. what you just said was extremely vague, If it's tube, could it just be heating up, and you should leave it on standby? If it's solid state, who cares, let it sit for a minute before you start shredding then.

Is there a specific problem?
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Sorry for being vague, I wouldn't know how else to put it.

It's a solid state amp by the way. The buzzing seems to happen after I play on it for a while, so I guess I'll take your advice and let it sit.

Thanks.
it might be electrical interference, but it doesnt sound like it since it doesnt kick in until after a while
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
My amp would develop a buzz after playing got louder the longer I played it was the wiring in the house. So it could be something in your house coming on as to why its intermitant.
It usually boils down to about 4 or 5 things.

bad power
faulty grounds
external interference
bad pedals/battery
bad cables

interference comes from things like florescent lights, computer monitors, cell phones, standing too close, microphonic pups or tubes (in the case of tube amps), and squirrels.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
and squirrels.

Seriously tho - at what volume? Band volume? Is it a loud buzz or just something in the background you hear more when not playing?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.