I got a Dan Electro 7 band EQ to help shape my sound. I'm going for a low end with some mids. Can anyone suggest some settings for it?
Quote by MommasHooligan
I got a Dan Electro 7 band EQ to help shape my sound. I'm going for a low end with some mids. Can anyone suggest some settings for it?

Try boosting the low end and some mids?

Dude, half the fun of an EQ pedal is messing with it to find a tone you like.
Quote by Final !mpact
Try boosting the low end and some mids?

Dude, half the fun of an EQ pedal is messing with it to find a tone you like.

Cool, thanks. I've never messed with EQ before. On my amp I usually have the bass all the way up and the highs and mids halfway. I'm a newb messing with that stuff
Quote by MommasHooligan
Cool, thanks. I've never messed with EQ before. On my amp I usually have the bass all the way up and the highs and mids halfway. I'm a newb messing with that stuff

Heres a few tips:

Try and get the best possible sound from just your amp and guitar, then get to the EQ pedal.

Start with small adjustments. Don't totally max out the bass and mids. And also don't completely cut them.

I found a good tone by basically boosting the treble on the pedal pretty high and cutting a fair amount of treble on my amp.
Mids slightly boost but i flicked on the Mid-Cut switch on my amp and then getting the bass just right with a lot of tweaking of the tone knob on my guitar and the amp and pedal EQs