The seller claims it to be les paul custom. The headstock looks real, but the knobs differ and tuners are gold. I won't tell the price right now.

Last edited by r4ster at Jan 12, 2009,
ask for the serial number. then do a quick google for gibson serial numbers and see if they match... youll be able to tell that way :-)
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
Quote by hippyheaven1
ask for the serial number. then do a quick google for gibson serial numbers and see if they match... youll be able to tell that way :-)

The sellers says there is no serial number. But if there was, where should it be ?
Quote by r4ster
The sellers says there is no serial number. But if there was, where should it be ?

Than it most likely isn't real. The serial number would be printed on the back of the headstock.

Edit: Ask the seller if the guitar was made in China. If he/she says yes, than it is not real. All Gibsons are made in the USA. Also ask if it comes with a case. All high end Gibsons come with a case usually, so definitely ask about those two things.
Last edited by GNRjungle87 at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by GNRjungle87
Than it most likely isn't real. The serial number would be printed on the back of the headstock.

Edit: Ask the seller if the guitar was made in China. If he/she says yes, than it is not real. All Gibsons are made in the USA. Also ask if it comes with a case. All high end Gibsons come with a case usually, so definitely ask about those two things.

The seller says the guitar was sent from USA, and there was no case.
Quote by r4ster

there should be one if its genuine. if you have the serial you can find out quickly on the internet...sounds a bit strange to me...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
The guitar costs around 1250$, I am really curious about this one, since it looks legit, apart from the serial number, which is non existant.
Could be a cheap replica produced my China. I wouldn't go for it.. get a real Les Paul, it was be better in the long run.
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Quote by 7stringuzr
Dude its a fake. no case, no serial number. DONT BUY!!!

QFT.

Quote by pataldo
Get him to take a picture of the underside of the headstock.

There's already one there, and there's no serial ...
No serial number is a bad sign,I wouldn't trust it.On another note,the logo and inlays on the headstock seem odd.I'm not a Gibson expert but aren't those usually done in MOP? The inlays in the pic look like they were painted on with white paint.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
No serial number is a bad sign,I wouldn't trust it.On another note,the logo and inlays on the headstock seem odd.I'm not a Gibson expert but aren't those usually done in MOP? The inlays in the pic look like they were painted on with white paint.

I agree, the inlays dont look like MoP to me
If theres no serial number, then i wouldnt risk it

theres also a wierd appearance to the headstock binding, but that may just be the photo angle, but stay away from it imo

you could ask for a picture of the wiring, gibson dont paint into cavities and use old style wiring afaik

you could also email gibson custom support and ask, they are helpful
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
There is no serial # under the headstock.

Every authentic Gibson LP Custom has a serial #, maybe this guy just Ebay'd a LP Custom truss rod cover, also the inlay on the headstock is the sign of an Epiphone.

Your buddy is trying to sell you an Epiphone (real or ripoff) with a LP Custom truss rod cover. A real Gibson would not have that inlay, rather the name of the guitar would be written/engraved.

That being said, its up to you to buy it.
If you try to correct me
I will become alot more wise and insightful than you can possibly imagine.
there is NO question whatsoever... this les paul is not a genuine gibson.

DONT BUY IT !!!!!!!
The only guitar Ive even seen without a serial number was a "fender stratocaster" I bought in a music shop in china for 35 bucks new. A gibson without one very very unlikely.
The diamond doesn't even look like it's pearl inlayed.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
the headstock looks a bit out of shape - seems too tall at the centre compared to the points at the side.

edit: also, i believe gibson les paul customs have ebony fretboards. this looks far too light for ebony which is a very dark, almost black colour, whereas it's a reddish brown on this guitar, suggesting rosewood, meaning it's a fake.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jan 13, 2009,
That's a fake guitar. The logo on the headstock doesn't have the pearl look, and also no serial number, and non-original tuners (why would ANYONE change the tuners on a $4000 Gibson, not to mention the price is too good to be true, which means it's a fake.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by 7stringuzr
Dude its a fake. no case, no serial number. DONT BUY!!!

+!

It's Bogus!

Beautiful guitar....Gibson replica plate on the headstock...although "Gibson"
Should be Pearlescent (similar to how oil reflects colors when mixed in water...and not Ivory white).

The serials should be on the head stock...

You can buy it if you don't paying the price listed for a generic.
This is one of the worst copies.....
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Jan 13, 2009,
This is a fake...do not purchase this guitar. The inlays are wrong and the tuners aren't the standard grovers.
joshuaestock.com
Eh guys..I think its a *BURNY*

The late 80's- Early 90's models had no serials..

add grover "vintage looking" tuners...no joke thats what they sell them as..
and do a headstock mod..

Thats a lot of work to rip somebody off..why not just get a job?
W*rld m*rket music will also make anything you want for $500 bucks
Beware...beware...
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Jan 13, 2009,
Even if it's a Burny, there's no point in risking like $1200 on a guitar that's clearly being claimed as a Gibson, when it really isn't.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
as far as im concerned, there is no question about it, this is a fake.