I almost got a PGM30 (paul gilbert model) from my local store wondering why it was so cheap. it is 2460 hong kong dollars which is around 300-400 USD. then i did some research, and looks like the PGM 300 and 301 are more expensive.. but i have yet to find out why. anyone know?
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
it's got the low trs-II trem which is a lower quality one and the ibanez infinity pickups which aren't exactly great.

the 300 and the 301 have the edge and hard tail bridge respectively and they have dimarzio PAF pickups.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
it's got the low trs-II trem which is a lower quality one and the ibanez infinity pickups which aren't exactly great.

the 300 and the 301 have the edge and hard tail bridge respectively and they have dimarzio PAF pickups.

If I remember correctly, the 30 is made in China? whereas the 300 and 301 are made in Japan. The 300 and 301 are Prestige models and so have higher build quality. The 300 is discontinued btw, as Paul decided to go without a tremolo. The 301 is what he played primarily (or a custom shop version), until recently. He has the 401 coming out this year, but it will be likely more expensive.

I've never played a 30 so I can't really speak of it's quality either way, but you played the 30 yourself right? Did you feel that it was worth the money as far as sound, build quality, and physical feel were concerned?
doesnt it make no difference? with a good enough amp and effects pedals it will sound more or less the same right? and whats wrong with the tremolo?
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34

Head + dead = dead?
Quote by jamesdtsx
doesnt it make no difference? with a good enough amp and effects pedals it will sound more or less the same right? and whats wrong with the tremolo?

Nah, on a crappy amp it will sound more or less the same.
Quote by I Poke Badgers
If I remember correctly, the 30 is made in China? whereas the 300 and 301 are made in Japan. The 300 and 301 are Prestige models and so have higher build quality. The 300 is discontinued btw, as Paul decided to go without a tremolo. The 301 is what he played primarily (or a custom shop version), until recently. He has the 401 coming out this year, but it will be likely more expensive.

I've never played a 30 so I can't really speak of it's quality either way, but you played the 30 yourself right? Did you feel that it was worth the money as far as sound, build quality, and physical feel were concerned?

the sound was good. it felt sturdy, and for some reason i could play it really well. i could bend really easily, and i could pick well. and, its nice. wait i dont remember looking for one on it- does it have a tremolo? or the option for one?
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34

Head + dead = dead?
Quote by jamesdtsx

it'll sound similar through the exact equipment PG uses but not the same. the trem is made from cheap materials and wears out quickly meaning that it doesn't hold tune very well.

I wouldn't bother with it, it's one of those ones that's designed to cash in on the artist's name.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I wouldn't bother with it, it's one of those ones that's designed to cash in on the artist's name.

Agreed. It's pretty much the JEM555 of the PGM series.