So i brought it off ebay (payed fkn over 500USD ALL UP) for it. Didnt work when i used it, so i took it to an electronics guy and he got it working (so atleast the light came on) and said the potentiometer is faulty. Now ive been looking on the internet and it seems they dont make this 50k/500k resistor anymore.

So is this fkn pedal as good as useless?

Can ANYONE HELP ME with this problem at all?
Quote by stephen_rettie
500 dollars?
are you ****ing kidding? mine was like 70 quid

yeah man i really fkn wanted it. Theyre rare and don't make them any more, woulda been happy if it actually WORKED
Quote by PeteDaniels
yeah man i really fkn wanted it. Theyre rare and don't make them any more, woulda been happy if it actually WORKED

o wait i ****ed up im thinking WD7, was wondering why you were so keen
ya ive heard of the wh10 or whatever, sorry dude looks like im no help.
Best bet would be to contact Ibanez, and see if they have any that you could buy, or if they know of anyone that would.
Quote by punkbassist19
Best bet would be to contact Ibanez, and see if they have any that you could buy, or if they know of anyone that would.

might give it a shot, from what i can understand this resistor was made specifically for this wahwah, and they stopped making it over 20 years ago. I think ive been well and truely jibbed
Are there any guitar techs who you can take it to? Even if they can't help, they may know someone who might.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Are there any guitar techs who you can take it to? Even if they can't help, they may know someone who might.

mm ive taken it to the guy who does all my amps and ****. He said unless u can get that part he can't help.

I was thinking i could make my own resistor, or just use another thats a different rating, it couldnt be that hard could it?
When mine broke I tried absolutely every potentiometer manufacturer I could find. I managed to get dual pots the same size so I bought a 50k and a 500k, took the bottom off one and swapped it with the other. Tried this with both the linear and logarithmic tapers but niether of them worked. It has a custom taper specifically for this pedal. The closest I got was a company called Banzai Effects who can apparently clone the pot in their factory although I'm still trying to convince them to get a move on. I've just started a petition to send them but it could do with a couple of thousand more names on it though.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/i...h10/index.html

Keep the faith!
I have this one, the original and I've compared them both, and they're pretty damn similiar.
Highly recommended.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Whitey1980s
When mine broke I tried absolutely every potentiometer manufacturer I could find. I managed to get dual pots the same size so I bought a 50k and a 500k, took the bottom off one and swapped it with the other. Tried this with both the linear and logarithmic tapers but niether of them worked. It has a custom taper specifically for this pedal. The closest I got was a company called Banzai Effects who can apparently clone the pot in their factory although I'm still trying to convince them to get a move on. I've just started a petition to send them but it could do with a couple of thousand more names on it though.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/i...h10/index.html

Keep the faith!

you can get help in this forum, but i highly recommend going into the Gear Building & Customizing forum because some of those guys REALLY know their stuff
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"