SP-10 (i almost don't use it)
Boss DS-1
Boss RC-2 (very useful)
Boss GT-10 (hell yeah)
Good Headphones
Gameboy color

Lastfm
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Let me be the first to say that Marty > Jimmy.

Let me be the second.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by Portuguese_boy

everyone knows this
Quote by Portuguese_boy

Let me be the first to say, no.

I <33333333333333333333 Friedman, but no.
Quote by JilaX^
Let me be the first to say, no.

I <33333333333333333333 Friedman, but no.

I agree with this man.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Minkaro
Sadly, the shock of seeing an actually talented guitarist caused Jimmy to suffer a heart attack minutes later.

Both are win.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by metacarpi
I agree with this man.

Quote by Minkaro
Sadly, the shock of seeing an actually talented guitarist caused Jimmy to suffer a heart attack minutes later.

Quote by breadstick
Rolly looks retarded with blue eyes...

you know that sushibag?
They are both great at what they do. But Friedman is way more technically proficient.

/obvious

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by JoeB.
you know that sushibag?

Sushibag? He was on Rock Fujiyama with Marty. Awesome show. I wish they'd release it on DVD with subtitles.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Quote by Kata Dante
Sushibag? He was on Rock Fujiyama with Marty. Awesome show. I wish they'd release it on DVD with subtitles.

That episode with Gilbert and Friedman harmonizing each other was awesome.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Rolly is the ugliest man I have ever seen.

I am quite sure Rolly's a woman.
Quote by Guitar0player
I am quite sure Rolly's a woman.

He's not a man either. From now on, he is referred to as an "it".

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by Pauldapro
That episode with Gilbert and Friedman harmonizing each other was awesome.

Yeah, I really like the ones with PG, they compliment each other well. It would be awesome if they did their own kind of G3 tour thing. I honestly didn't know Friedman was that good until I watched the show since I'd only been exposed to his work in Megadeth.

I've watched all the clips I could find on youtube, but have only downloaded and watched a couple full episodes. I need to get around to watching more of them. Should have done that over Christmas break. :\
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
rip Billy Mays <3
Quote by Portuguese_boy

Agreed!

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Quote by Kata Dante
Yeah, I really like the ones with PG, they compliment each other well. It would be awesome if they did their own kind of G3 tour thing. I honestly didn't know Friedman was that good until I watched the show since I'd only been exposed to his work in Megadeth.

I've watched all the clips I could find on youtube, but have only downloaded and watched a couple full episodes. I need to get around to watching more of them. Should have done that over Christmas break. :\

They should actually make the show more popular in America. Like, that segment where PG and MF and "it" (Rolly) are quizzing each other on bands and if they forget which guitarist plays for which band, they drink that green stuff could be a real show I would watch.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
I love friedman, and hes clearly technically better. But when it comes to songwriting, page is far superior, and I prefer his playing style.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by codyadamscea
no

no

no

no

seriously what is wrong with you people?

They have opinions? Like you do?
Quote by Pauldapro
They should actually make the show more popular in America. Like, that segment where PG and MF and "it" (Rolly) are quizzing each other on bands and if they forget which guitarist plays for which band, they drink that green stuff could be a real show I would watch.

haha, yeah I like those segments. They're the most popular ones on youtube too.
deviantART ||| flickr
last.fm zune
rip Billy Mays <3
Mine was suppose to be a joke...

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Friedman > Page. I mean, Page is liek 'LOL LOOK AT MI DOUBBL NEKZ LULZ.'
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Portuguese_boy

Oh, never in life.

Page's little finger can write songs, produce and improvise way better Marty ever will.
Last edited by Fiberglass Gum at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by Fiberglass Gum
Oh, never in life.

Page's little finger can write songs, produce and improvise way better Marty ever will.

Write and produce yes, improvise no.
Marty is a god amonst improvisational artists, he can play many styles where as Page is a strict blues/psychedelic player.
Page is more rounded guitar player. He's great with electric, acoustic work, mandolin and he greatly influence studio production. Friedman is a fantastic shred guitarist but really, the two guys aren't comparable.

Anyway, Rolly > Page and Friedman.

Proof.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1zm7aWcWOQ
Last edited by Trefellin at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Write and produce yes, improvise no.
Marty is a god amonst improvisational artists, he can play many styles where as Page is a strict blues/psychedelic player.

I'm not so sure about that, saying Page is strictly a blues/psychodelic player is not quite. Page could improvise very well with many other genres. You ought to look up his concert versions of D'yer Ma'ker (a reggae song by LZ), Black Mountain Side. The fact that these songs were three, four or even five minutes longer in a concert are solid proof Page was a very, very versatile player. But maybe I was wrong when I said Marty couldn't improvise as much, would you mind recommending some songs?
Quote by Fiberglass Gum
Oh, never in life.

It really depends on your opinion, but Jimmy sticks to one scale and one style, go listen to a lot of Friedman songs and tell me Jimmy writes and improvises better.

This is why I hate hardcore Zeppelin fans, you're defending Jimmy but I bet you've never really listened to Marty.

jimmy is like "ok dude you can stop shaking my hand now"
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
It really depends on your opinion, but Jimmy sticks to one scale and one style, go listen to a lot of Friedman songs and tell me Jimmy writes and improvises better.

This is why I hate hardcore Zeppelin fans, you're defending Jimmy but I bet you've never really listened to Marty.

Generalizing much?
Quote by Fiberglass Gum
I'm not so sure about that, saying Page is strictly a blues/psychodelic player is not quite. Page could improvise very well with many other genres. You ought to look up his concert versions of D'yer Ma'ker (a reggae song by LZ), Black Mountain Side. The fact that these songs were three, four or even five minutes longer in a concert are solid proof Page was a very, very versatile player. But maybe I was wrong when I said Marty couldn't improvise as much, would you mind recommending some songs?

I have heard enough Led Zeppelin to know what Jimmy can do, in "The Hammer Of The Gods" it says that he improvises every album solo 3 times and picks the best one.

Just look up Marty improvisations on youtube or something.
Quote by magnum1117

jimmy is like "ok dude you can stop shaking my hand now"

It's so funny how starstruck Rolly is in that video. You can hear how Page influenced Rolly's own music though.
Quote by codyadamscea
no

no

no

no

seriously what is wrong with you people?

hmm marty=good jimmy=overrated

good>overrated