I cant seem to gain speed picking this string, i can pick the rest relatively fast but this strign seems to slow me down a a bit. how can I gain the same speed I gain with the rest? it seems as I come up from the high E to the low E my speed gets slower. Although I'm slower going from my pinky to index ratehr than the other way around. I just feel I cant pick this string as fast and need some help.
practice ^^
Gear
-----
Ibanez SA-S32 FMTL
Engl Screamer Head
Engl SS412 V60 Celestion
Engl Z5 Footswitch
Ibanez Delay
BOSS MegaDistortion
Funny, I'm the opposite. I can't pick anything fast except the low E. But you probably know the deal since you're an 05'er: practice building up speed with the metronome.
i have/had this problem...
trying changing your picking angle so the pick is more angled rather than being held flatter in comparison to the other strings
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by sabbathfan4life
I cant seem to gain speed picking this string, i can pick the rest relatively fast but this strign seems to slow me down a a bit. how can I gain the same speed I gain with the rest? it seems as I come up from the high E to the low E my speed gets slower. Although I'm slower going from my pinky to index ratehr than the other way around. I just feel I cant pick this string as fast and need some help.

In what context?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm trying to play cleanly and efficiently an exercise like 1,2,3,4 fast as I've mentioned but getting into heavy strings slows me down.If I put my metronome on say 120bpm,i can pick say the low E pretty easily, but my hand is not consistent going from the high E to Low E or vice versa. I just find it harder to pick 120bpm one a Low E string rather than the high. Im practising but I should be faster at it than say playign well at 60bpm on every string.I can do 65bpm decent but if i hit 70bpm the low E slows me down to start off and say I'm playing black sabbath's "black sabbath, the part where its played at 120bpm, my wrist gets tired of picking down beats as well, and I find that to be a decent exercise for downbeats.at 80bpm i can do it but faster,I mess up adn get tired playing over and over
That means you're trying to go too fast, too soon so slow down until you can do it consistently. There is no "should be faster at it", you can either do it or you can't, and if you can't then you need more practice.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com