I need a bass that is the most versitile as i play stuff from tool, to jazz etc

Whats best an sr505, ibanez atk, schecter stiletto or something else?
I'd say look at the Ibanez ATK series, best bang for your buck when it comes to versatility
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
If you can find one for a decent price I'd recommend a Musicman SUB, but an alternative to that would be a Ibanez ATK or a Fender Jazz.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
i seem to be able to get just about any tone i want from my rockbass vampyre. slap, metal, rock. you can probably get others, but i wouldn't know
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
A fender jazz 24, its got an active preamp, 24 frets, really versatile, comes in 4 or 5 string. You could get one second hand for that price, i payed 650 for mine new.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Tool to jazz, I suppose some stuff in between. you will want strong mids and lows, nice clean tone, and a solid punch when needed.

go with either the ATK or the jazz, whatever feels comfortable or you like better.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
The Ibanez SR505 and ATK are both versatile.
The SR has a smoother sound while the ATK has more attack.
But both are great basses.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
The Schecter is a great bass with an amazing pick sound for tool, and does well for a smooth jazz tone. My 2 cents.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
+1'ing the jazz bass suggestions dudes and dudettes. I suggest going to a shop and trying one if you've not played one yet - there's pretty much one in every shop.
Try out the Ibanez ATK and different Fenders in your price range.

lol you have basically the same username as me
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by badgerific
Am I the only one who was really disapointed with the ATK? I thought the neck was huge and chunky? or did I just play a duff one?

It did sound lovely in all fairness though.

To be completely fair, the necks are SUPPOSED to be huge..
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by moody git
i seem to be able to get just about any tone i want from my rockbass vampyre. slap, metal, rock. you can probably get others, but i wouldn't know

If you went with the rockbass, wait a few months(or maybe they are already out) for the new rockbasses to come out. They look much improved over the old rockbasses.
New rockbass, Ibanez ATK or Yamaha BB614. My live basses are a roster of BB614s and I totally love them.
With that budget I wouldn't bother with Rockbass, you can easily get a second hand bubinga Warwick Corvette Standard... Obviously that's only if you like Warwicks.

Other than that if I was in your position I'd definately be looking at used Musicman Sub's, Fender P-Basses and Fender Aerodine Jazz and P basses
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Jan 12, 2009,
Egad, get the sr505.
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
G&L TRIBUTE L-2000 or L-2500

The most versatile, value-for-money, awesome bass I've come across.

Got my L-2500 2nd hand for £400, meant to be a backup for my stingray. I've ended up using the G&L almost as much!

Same electronics and hardware as their full American series, really good construction, suitable for any music.

Active/Passive switch, Series/Parallel switch. Along with its own sounds, it also does a pretty good P bass impression.

RECOMMENDED!
Quote by Jateca
G&L TRIBUTE L-2000 or L-2500

The most versatile, value-for-money, awesome bass I've come across.

Got my L-2500 2nd hand for £400, meant to be a backup for my stingray. I've ended up using the G&L almost as much!

Same electronics and hardware as their full American series, really good construction, suitable for any music.

Active/Passive switch, Series/Parallel switch. Along with its own sounds, it also does a pretty good P bass impression.

RECOMMENDED!

this
Jazz 24
Aerodyne Jazz
Schecter Stiletto series
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom