Hey guys

So I just bought a second hand guitar (a hohner G3t - the steinberger copy), and when I changed the strings, I noticed all the saddles are really quite loose, so the action and intonation would appear to be a bit out of whack.

I have NO idea what I'm doing down that end, so am just wondering - does anyone know of any good guides or links to information on how to setup the bridge properly? Pictures'd help.

Thanks a lot everyone!

-Hamkins.
Yeah that's why I was just looking for a good link to a useful guide. Being a total newb, I could find some rubbish claptrap and not tell the difference.
Quote by Hamkins
Yeah that's why I was just looking for a good link to a useful guide. Being a total newb, I could find some rubbish claptrap and not tell the difference.

Well if you have no familiarity, Im not sure any site will really be of help. Take it to a guitar tech for your first few times. Ask questions and PAY ATTENTION to what hes doing. That should give you a good base to do some of the low end stuff on your own with a little internet guidance in the future.
ok, there is only one place that has the instructions for that bridge, and that is musicyo which shut down recently. http://www.steinberger.com/tech.html 2nd pdf down has very little info on the R-trem, but might help slightly.

In order to tighten the bridge up, find the 1mm hole on the top side of the bridge (when looking down at the guitar while holding it, not the other 2-1mm holes near the tremolo arm holes. use an 1mm allen key to tighten that screw, and that will make the saddles not move. To set innotation on this guitar, play a note while fretting at the 12 fret. if the note is sharp, move the saddle back and vice versa. If you need more help, PM me or something, its quite difficult to explain without the musicyo website up.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master