Hey guys

I'm getting together quite a few stomp boxes now, and plugging them in or changing the batteries is a pain in the arse. Im looking for a central power system, and looking around I have seen things like the Dunlop MXR DC Brick Multipower Supply, but it seems a bit pricey. I have also seen the BOSS BCB 60, and was wondering what other people used in their rig, or if people had any suggestions about reliable and cheaper alternatives.

Cheers
I use a dunlop brick... for a couple reasons
1. its got 18V out.. (which I need for my Wah, and a chorus pedal)
2. it was esentially free... I got some stuff stolen and insurance wrote a cheque for brand new replacements on all my stuff based on a local stores prices. Then I could step it up by shopping ebay .

Before i had a 1spot... it worked great.
Hey dude, check out the T-Rex Fueltank. You can get a supply that'll power 5 pedals, or one that'll power 8. I use this one myself, it does the job

I got it (The one that powers 8) for £135 from GAK.com, but that was for shipping included!
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by crossy uk
Hey guys

I'm getting together quite a few stomp boxes now, and plugging them in or changing the batteries is a pain in the arse. Im looking for a central power system, and looking around I have seen things like the Dunlop MXR DC Brick Multipower Supply, but it seems a bit pricey. I have also seen the BOSS BCB 60, and was wondering what other people used in their rig, or if people had any suggestions about reliable and cheaper alternatives.

Cheers

Nuclear reactor imo....
If you can afford it, go for the Power Brick. However, It's ridiculously expensive in the UK (about £110).

Go to maplin and look at the power supplies there, I got myself a 5A switchable one for £20 and they also sell the daisy chain wires to connect multiple pedals.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
i bought somethiing called the Power-All, distributed by Godlyke
basically it's just a small adapter with a wire and 5 power outlets on it, so you can plug up to 5 pedals, it costs around 50 canadian bucks and it comes with a set of adapters so you can also weird inputs like the EHX one, and you can even plug pedals without an AC adapter input because there are jumpers that you plug on the battery input and that work just as well
I prefer Brick style power supplys... No access plugs hanging around waiting to start a fire and bricks are a lot cleaner/easier to work with routing wise. Each pedal has its own wire and routing path with no extra plugs lying about to hide.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by crossy uk
i'm in the UK, which sort of rules that out im afraid

check out the godlyke PA-9 on DV247.com (it's .com but it's a UK site - they delivered mine incredibly fast!)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
www.effectpowersupplies.com they make daisy chain power adaptors and the like.
You basically have 2 main options

1spot/daisy chain power all the pedals from one supply and is cheap!

Buy a proper power supply like DC brick, voodoo labs etc, big old box you can plug all your effects into, more expensive but many would argue better
Quote by chrism3006
You could give this a go, not tried it but I'm going to order one when I've got some money;

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant.htm

I've got it and I really like it. I have absolutely no hum at all from it.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Farether
I've got it and I really like it. I have absolutely no hum at all from it.

This sounds like the best option. You find the power is enough for all the pedals? How many do you run off of it?
depends what pedals you have, it can provide 500ma, you need to find out the current draw the for your pedals and add them up, as long as its less than 500ma you'll be fine