I was thinking of buying a Squier Bullet, and I was going to install new pickups, tuners, and maybe a new neck, other than that is there a problem with Squiers? thanks for the help again UG.
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
The guitars get a bad rep, especially the bullet. The basses are good tho
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
with new tuners and bridge, it'll be an ok guitar

If you mean reliable as in, is the neck gonna fall off or not? Yeah.
But without new tuners + bridge, it wont stay in tune for more than two minutes, or anything close to a "wild" bend.
Quote by 100%guitarmad
If you're replacing the neck, pickups and tuners, wouldn't it be easier to buy just a body?

+1
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by 100%guitarmad
If you're replacing the neck, pickups and tuners, wouldn't it be easier to buy just a body?

This.
if you're going to do that, then you might as well buy all your parts from guitar fetish and build one from individual parts. (probably be cheaper too if you get pickups and everything from there)
Hell ye they are 0.o

I'd had my bullet for over 2 years now and no problems AT ALL, just got my tele special (By squier too) And I WOULD compare it to a MIM tele anytime any day.

Of course you can always upgrade it, get the bullet, grover tuners, graphite nut, new pups w/e u want, and it will kick ass to any other guitar probably even high end ones.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
i grew up on squiers. they're in my blood and my soul. they're what jesus would play if he was looking for a budget guitar.

seriously though, i've had no major problems with mine other than the tuners, and they've got a pretty good rep round my way.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
that one is in my opinion not very good, at all, but if you are going to replace everything go ahead. I know it won't break if that's what you mean (they just won't die)
Last edited by hungryhobo741 at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by Line6
Hell ye they are 0.o

I'd had my bullet for over 2 years now and no problems AT ALL, just got my tele special (By squier too) And I WOULD compare it to a MIM tele anytime any day.

And it would loose any time, any day
In my opinion (since I own a Squier Affinity Strat), buying one and then modding it with neck/pickups etc. is a waste of money. If you want a new/different guitar, just get one that's made for the type you want it to be straight off the bat rather than modding a Squier.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
I have a squier standard telecaster which i just prefer to the fender MIM teles. Cost half the price, too. I love it. My affinity strat is nothing compared to my fender MIM strat though, but it's still a pretty nifty guitar and since i reversed the middle pickup wiring, i actually end up using it more than my fender. My other squier which is a custom tele... well.. it's pretty nice to play but the electronics are shoddy and crap and never worked.

So squiers are hit and miss. try before you buy.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Bullets are absolutely dire. The only Squiers I like are the Vintage Modified series.
i dont like squire bullets. But squire classic vibes are AMAZING
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Quote by Felttoaster
i dont like squire bullets. But squire classic vibes are AMAZING

+1.. well, i don't know what the quality control/consistency is like... but those which i've played have owned.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Squires are put together pretty well, they won't fall apart on you. The lousy sound the bullets put out is due to the cheap pickups in them.

Replace the pick ups and the tuners, if you're going to mod one, I wouldn't bother with the neck.

Of course by the time you've shelled out for good pick ups and tuners, you'll end up spending as much as you would on a higher end guitar.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
I have two Affinity series squiers, both would upgraded pups. I wouldn't compare them to MIM's for some of the material quality. But both cost me under $200 each after the pup swap, play fine and have nice tone. Admittedly they could use decent pots at some point. Also I won't be too upset if one get's a ding in it, it's not a $700 strat or tele.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I bought a squier Affinity Tele,with the sole purpose of moddin it, but the neck on it is amazing, it was used so I'm positive someone replaced the tuners but it is a solid guitar for how little I paid for it. I use it alot
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
And it would loose any time, any day

You sir are -9000.

I would challenge a MIJ Squier to any MIA Fender you can find. (The Squier stock btw).
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Line6
You sir are -9000.

I would challenge a MIJ Squier to any MIA Fender you can find. (The Squier stock btw).

Wait, you were being serious?
My dad owns a squire bullet and i play it time to time, its sounds good not plugged in and stays in tune well, but when plugged it, it sounds horrible, so i'd say changing the pickups would make a huge diffrence, good guitar tho, also some times u can get a bad one and other times u can get a good one, idk y this is but it pretty much only happens with low end squires
I'm all for modding the crap out of low end guitars, THat's what I'm Doing.

>_> Starcaster with Strat neck, Grover tuners, a rolling nut, Fender 60's reissue trem and Texas specials >_>