Hello pit!

For my YouTube Videos so far, I have recorded with my laptop sat on my bed, with me playing right in front of it and my amp to the side. The problem with this is, if I mess up, I have to start the whole song again and you can also hear the acoustics of my guitar before the amp sound, sometimes.

So I was just wondering how you guys recorded your YouTube videos? And have you got any general tips for going about recording and stuff on youtube, and getting your videos noticed?

Cheers!
Why don't you just move the amp closer to the camera? Or by better equipment? Or go to the Recording forum?
Quote by aaciseric
Why don't you just move the amp closer to the camera? Or by better equipment? Or go to the Recording forum?

"My guitar is reaching the mic before my amp is. What should I do??? "

What ^ said or step away from the lappy.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

good question, I would like to hear the answer to it as well. If you are trying to get noticed, I have seen a pattern with the number of views that a video gets: Generally, the better the sound and picture qaulity are, the more views your video might get. Just a tip, however, if your video sucks you won't get many views no matter how good the qaulity is.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

"Arguing online is like racing in the Special Olympics- Even if
you win you're still retarded."

"You cant spell crap without rap"
try recording the song using seperate software of a good quality then mime along on the video,put them both in a movie maker and sync them up.
dunno if thats what your after but thats an easy way of doing it with good quality audio.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Doesn't seem like this would be the right place for this thread, but eh.

I either record straight to the computer on a webcam (with crappy quality, obvs) or spend more time having someone else get a good angle, set up a tri-pod and Canon & do a few takes, which I edit and make pretty later. As far as the amp placement, etc., I wouldn't know what to tell you because I don't plug in when I'm just recording a video at home (I play acoustic stuff.)

As far as getting better known on YouTube, I tend to comment videos of other musicians and of things I'm interested in, which draws some attention to my own if I have anything interesting to say in the comment. Whenever I have a new video, I put it on my MySpace, so many of the people who visit it will watch the video. Other than that, I guess it's just basic advertising; telling people you know to watch it, posting the link to them on certain forums, etc. That's at least what I do.
what is happening to you
is call latency.

it takes longer time for the sound comming from the amp
to get recorded than the sound thats is comming from ur laptop

it can be avoid if u use
ur radio to play the song
To "Dark&Broken" I tried doing this using Audacity.. But the sound that it produced was very odd. Didn't sound like it was from my amp at all. I've mostly been using my iPod into my Aux In. jack on my amp to do the backing track.

I didn't really know where to put this thread... so decided to stick it in the pit.
If a mod or anything could move it to a more appropriate forum, that would be much appreciated.
Quote by The Gore Child
To "Dark&Broken" I tried doing this using Audacity.. But the sound that it produced was very odd. Didn't sound like it was from my amp at all. I've mostly been using my iPod into my Aux In. jack on my amp to do the backing track.

I didn't really know where to put this thread... so decided to stick it in the pit.
If a mod or anything could move it to a more appropriate forum, that would be much appreciated.

Have you ever listened to your amp through headphones? Often you won't notice how your amp sounds without echo and reverberations because you're always so used to hearing them.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Try running the amp directly into your laptop's input.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I don't think it was the reverb. My amp just sounded like... less than it sounds normally? Like, it sounds full when played normally.

I think I'll try the recording before video. But is it easy to sync up?
Quote by fEr_0h
what is happening to you
is call latency.

it takes longer time for the sound comming from the amp
to get recorded than the sound thats is comming from ur laptop

it can be avoid if u use
ur radio to play the song

what is wrong wit u
is call dislexia.

ur spelling is horrible
and i dunno why you use these weird line breaks

also wut u said
makes no sense at all
Quote by The Gore Child
I don't think it was the reverb. My amp just sounded like... less than it sounds normally? Like, it sounds full when played normally.

I think I'll try the recording before video. But is it easy to sync up?

Don't sync. It's usually painfully obvious.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by ZeGuitarist
what is wrong wit u
is call dislexia.

ur spelling is horrible
and i dunno why you use these weird line breaks

also wut u said
makes no sense at all

and ur spelling is fantastic. I think I learn from u how to write.

I can tell u have never recorded music.