Alright so I'm gonna be moving out in a few months into an apartment. I just got rid of my Peavey XXL head and Marshall cab, And now I;m currently playin the Roland Cube 20x. The amp is great for a little SS. But... I need tubes. Ive been messin around on my brothers amps and, wow... I need one. I went to GC to try out some Mesa's which are definatly my favorite amps out thier, but I couldnt find a Mesa combo. And thier also a littttttttlllleee too much money. But Then I found exactly what I was looking for... The Peavey 6505 Combo. Sounds amazing. That is my amp of choice. But I'm not sure what I want to do now.

I wont be able to play it too loud because of the landlord. I probably can sometimes when i know hes not home. I know he works everyday.

Do you think its still worth getting even though I wont be able to play it at high volumes too often?

Does the amp still sound good when it isnt cranked?

Do you recommend a different amp?

I NEED TUBES!

thanks
attenuator. /thread
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I live on the second floor of a house, but its pretty much the same thing.

Quote by j37h307

Do you think its still worth getting even though I wont be able to play it at high volumes too often?
Its worth it getting it if you are going to enjoy cranking it! ha. You can have it but in my case i wish i gigged A LOT more (once a years doesnt cut it)

Does the amp still sound good when it isnt cranked?
Not really, it needs some power to get the sounds you payed for. In my case i can only play at 0.75 of its volume!! that's just about where it starts distorting. Below that you almost get a clean muffled sound.

Do you recommend a different amp?
idk but an attenuator will be the solution to OUR problem, though i dont have that money to buy one.

thanks