Page 1 of 3
okay i searched it and there was one thread that was really old. so

my teacher is a guy in his late 40's/early 50's. he has toured in europe and is a session musician, he has played for 35 years.i have to say he is pretty cool. a lot of people that age refuse to listen to other music styles but my teacher will listen to anything and make an effort to teach it. he has actually opened my eyes to different styles and stuff. the other thing i like about him is that he starts at the very basics and builds up your techniques if you are a beginner which IMO is better than having some guy who will just teach you riffs and no chords,theory etc. now after a year of him teaching me i am getting into doing more stuff i enjoy and the big thing is that because of all the time i spent on techniques and stuff i can play it well and pick it up easier.

my firend who had his first lesson last week (different teacher) has been saying stuff like "my teachers amazing, he showed me 2 chords for 5 mins and then taught me Joe Satriani and Nickleback". i am 99% sure that if i sat him down and asked him to play he couldnt play any of the songs he said he could. and eventually (IMO) he will get put on the spot and asked to play something that he hasnt been bothered to learn (different style of song).

so whats your teacher like?
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
I wish I had one. It's 20 bucks every half hour around where I live, so it's way too expensive for me to enroll

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
i taught my self!!! I didnt need no pansy ass old guy playing old Eric Clapton songs, Deep Purple Booo**** to teach me how to play, Thats all Booo****

My teacher is 30, I know he went to NYU to study music, he's in a jazz band and is ****ing good, too.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I'm self-taught, so I am my teacher.

He's a real dick, sometimes.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
My teacher touches me in naughty places. He says I'm not to tell my parents.

It must be hard to sleep with one eye open.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
My teacher touches me in naughty places. He says I'm not to tell my parents.

could you give me his number?
Well he's me.

So freakin awesome.

He lets me play video games and piss around in the pit instead of playing guitar.

I love me.
Mine's in his early 30s and is pretty cool. Although he 'pretends' that some songs I'd like to learn "don't have enough guitar parts in them to learn". We have a chat and a laugh sometimes. He was drunk once for a lesson.
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Quote by Pauldapro
I wish I had one. It's 20 bucks every half hour around where I live, so it's way too expensive for me to enroll

It's 30 bucks the month here.
I have class every thursday for 2 hours
he WAS 25 and a student at community college, and i was better than him....
he's an eccentric french-looking gypsy jazz lover. Everything is a joke to him, which suits me, but hes sometimes hit and miss with others
Quote by rafa7008

i pay £23 for an hour lesson which i have every 2 weeks. i like having a long period in betweem cos it gives me more chance to practise
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
My guitar teacher was the basic high school guitar teacher in grade 8, Taught us chords.
Now im teaching him things ive learned from stuff over the internet, he has been playing for over 30 years and he doesnt know octaves, pinch harmonics, blues scales and augmented chords.
he's all in all a pretty good guy, open to lots of different music. I have been thinking about taking lessons from Joey Wowk, he teaches at the local music shop
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
Quote by rafa7008

Everyone's a crook where I live...

Damn teachers ripping off unemployed guitarists!

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
I have two teachers actually. One is in his late 40's/early 50's, and plays almost anything exept for metal, he's actually opened my eyes to a lot of styles like jazz and the blues. He doesnt like that electric music much though, so his lessons are all acoustic.

Then my other is a girl in her mid 20's, like maybe 24. She's been playing since she was 7, went to a highschool that teaches classical guitar, and later did college there too. She's now in a honky tonk country band, and plays bass as well, she's introduced me to rockabilly, country, and classical. She's bloody awesome, even if she is a bit clueless about amps and such.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Well, i am the guitar teacher and i would say i am not bad. My pupils are all nice people..i have a 68 year old lady to a 6 year old guy, but mainly teenage boys like most here.
my teacher is cool xD
gear :epiphone g400 custom
squier bullet strat
orange crush 15r
boss ds-2
fame ml-30
red hill CDG-3 SEQ

beaners gonna kick you in the face
My bass teacher when I was 15 was just a dude I knew from school who was very popular and the same age as me but had been playing Bass for years.

I still see him now and then, and hope for my band to play a gig with his band one day.

He's sound as a pound.
I'm self taught. I wish I had a teacher though.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
I'm self taught.

My teacher is awesome.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Quote by metaldud536
I'm a pretty cool guy.

No need to point that out, we all knew it.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

my teacher is awesome. he can play anything and knows everything (music theory wise)

he's a really relaxed person and is like "if you don't want to learn i won't teach" also he has the two coolest cats ever
Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d
i taught my self!!! I didnt need no pansy ass old guy playing old Eric Clapton songs, Deep Purple Booo**** to teach me how to play, Thats all Booo****

Number 1.

You are now thwarted.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
My guitar teacher is awesome. He's in his 40s roughly, he has a Strat from the '60s and pisses off all the normal teachers.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
My guitar teacher is a lazy good for nothing son of a bitch, makes me practice 2 hours a day with out any real guidance, just learn a song a day, improvise often....I should really hold myself in higher regard.
Mine is 25ish and teaches me pretty much anything. He does chords, songs, scaling, different guitarist's techniques and from time to time...METAL
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
No need to point that out, we all knew it.

Suckup...
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Quote by in2thesun88
My guitar teacher is a lazy good for nothing son of a bitch, makes me practice 2 hours a day with out any real guidance, just learn a song a day, improvise often....I should really hold myself in higher regard.

Then quit?
Quote by renegade2031
Suckup...

If you do the same, you'll be showered with my love and joy.
Quote by renegade2031
Suckup...

What kind of benefit would I get 'sucking up' metaldud?
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

My teacher is a old fashioned rock/blues/rockabilly teacher, hes a really helpful and funny guy.

I think hes about 62-64 now, hes played with Van Morrison and Paul McCartney before!

Overall hes a real good guy and he RULES!
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
my guitarr teacher is so cool, I live in canada, and he had achieve the highest music grade youcan have here. He's around 50-60 ,and he was a bluesman before, so he teach me alot of blue. At first I was like : I don't like blues, then taugh me that metal came directly from blue and everything. And what I realy like is that we are both working on Canon Rock , I play the lead part ( well . THE part ) and he solo over it. One time he even make the song sound sad ! I couldn't believe it. He's a great guy , a awesome player, a the better teacher I know.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
My teacher is in his early 50's and used to be in a band that oppened for Steve Miller. He teaches alot of music theory and works alot on reading music. I've learned so much from him its not even funny.
Proud owner of a Les Paul
Page 1 of 3