Hi guys,
I think seriousely to buy this guitar but there isn't much information in the net so guys what do you think about this guitar, can i get a more versatile guitar for this price range, i have no experience about Bigsy trem so information about it would be highly appreciated.

Here is the guitar:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-JTK4-Electric-Guitar?sku=518058
1) There are better + more versitile guitars in that price range IMO.

2) expand on "versitile" i.e what main genres, artists, tone etc.??
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Last edited by Audioslave95 at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by Audioslave95
1) There are better + more versitile guitars in that price range IMO.

2) expand on "versitile" i.e what main genres, artists, tone etc.??

1) Would like to know them

2) From jazz to metal
Quote by rocker313
1) Would like to know them

2) From jazz to metal

You coul probablly get a HSS strat for that money, a nice RG, mabye an epi(any help? not an expert on 'em).

Mabye yous could go to a local shop and try out the guitars in your price range...see whats better
Quote by Audioslave95

You coul probablly get a HSS strat for that money, a nice RG, mabye an epi(any help? not an expert on 'em).

Mabye yous could go to a local shop and try out the guitars in your price range...see whats better

That's the problem, i'm going to travel foreseas specially to get a guitar so i need to know in advance some models to try.
Quote by rocker313
That's the problem, i'm going to travel foreseas specially to get a guitar so i need to know in advance some models to try.

Right...i've had a look around and i think you should mabye have a look at some of these models

+ The Ibanez you mentioned (because everyones tastes are different)

+ Fender HSS Strat (Swiss army knife of guitars)

+ Epi LP Standard (again..A Swiss Army Knife)

+ ESP/LTD KH-202 (i own...suits alot of styles )

+ PRS SE Custom (Only £395 at my local shop and extremely versitile)

...all i can think off ATM
Aren't those suggestions you mentioned a little over his budget?
I see the Ibanez is only 350 dollars, the guitars you mentioned are way more than that?
Quote by GetMad
Aren't those suggestions you mentioned a little over his budget?
I see the Ibanez is only 350 dollars, the guitars you mentioned are way more than that?

I tried my best...and there only about £50-ish out on the website i looked on.
Well the Fender seems quite near his budget, but the Epi is like 300 dollars over, and the LTD about a 100, and the PRS about 250 aswell.. Or am I seeing things wrong? :p
Quote by Audioslave95
Right...i've had a look around and i think you should mabye have a look at some of these models

+ The Ibanez you mentioned (because everyones tastes are different)

+ Fender HSS Strat (Swiss army knife of guitars)

+ Epi LP Standard (again..A Swiss Army Knife)

+ ESP/LTD KH-202 (i own...suits alot of styles )

+ PRS SE Custom (Only £395 at my local shop and extremely versitile)

...all i can think off ATM

Thanks, prs are pricy, fender hss aren't very versitale, Epi Les Paul not that good, ESP/LTD are more for metallica stuff not for jazzy tones though.

Quote by rocker313
Ibanez JTK4 VS Ibanez ART300 VS Ibanez SAS32EX

Which one?

K, out of those 3, definately the SAS32EX. LOTS of tonal possibility with all the pickup combos...but it may not get a proper 'jazz tone' out of it.

1st) SAS32EX
2nd) JTK4
3rd) ART300

..my opinion anyway

...and about the fender NOT being versitile...it honestly is. ask pretty much anyone on this fourm and they'll probably say the same.

Good Luck finding the guitars
out of those 3 ibanez i would get the art300, sexy as **** and sounds nice too
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
The Jet King's fantastic, really. Sans Edge III/ZR2 trems, low end Ibanez are brilliant. The SAS32EX is also very nice. The ART models I'm not too fond of, but I find all singlecut solidbodies that don't look like genuine Gibsons ugly. They probably play decently.
It all boild down to a choice between vintage and modern really; the Jet King will sound great in a vintage way, the SAS will be modern and versatile and the ART will have... horrible low end active pickups. Avoid that for versatility.

So, vintage or modern style, really.