I've got a little problem with my FR. I have an Ibanez Rg 350 Dx which has a Edge III, and I decided to put it in Eb tuning because it's better for me and if I wanted to be in standard I just capo it. Well I tuned it locked it up and it worked fine but the 20th fret has a buzz on all the strings and it mutes out bends, all other frets work fine. What's the problem? How do I fix it? Thanks.
Is the baseplate on the trem still level/parallel with the body/route? Check that first. If that is fine, consider doing a full setup on the guitar in Eb with a full intonation, string height, and truss rod adjustment.
I was gonna suggest the same thing as CJ, what you need to do is level the trem out, since you went down you are gonna have too much spring tension on your trem which will cause it to cave in a bit.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Right. What you need to do is loosen the springs on the trem by adjusting the trem claw screws. Loosen them slightly, retune, loosen again, repeat until it is in tune and level with the body.
Yeah always go in baby steps like maybe a quarter to half turn at a time. You dont want to go to fast as this will cause more issues. Most of these issues would be fixed if people would just level the trem first
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
This is gonna take a while isn't it. Oh well, thanks guys.
Yeah its a fairly time consuming process but its worth it.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Okay so about an hour later, it's parallel and the 20th fret sound perfect long with everything else and it's tuned, but the 24th frets sustain is really bad. I hit it then right after the pick the pitch starts going higher and then it fades out quickly. Is this something I can fix?
Could be technique, could be the fret needing level... in general, up the neck, the shorter it will sustain as the tension gets progressively lower. You could try to up your string gauge and perhaps raise the pole piece on the pickup slightly.
Edge isnt FR
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
if its the ssame problem as mine. the capo pushes down the strings a little too hard, so the strings end up a bit sharper so it will raise the strings just a little bit more that can cause some buzzing...i just tune SLIGHTLY flat of Eb so when the capo is on its perfect. may need to play around for a bit
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss