Hey guys iv only had my guitar for under a year and im looking at some affordable effect pedals..such as Line 6 pods ? Having not used any pedals myself i was asking you guys who know.. Are the line 6 pods worth my money or would it be better to buy a better Amp with some effects on ??? Any advice on pedals or amps for a begginer would help...

Appreciate any feedback thanx guys
Last edited by willy2009 at Jan 12, 2009,
What amp do you currently have?
What is your budget?
What genres do you play/what bands do you want to have a similar tone as?
I just got a floor pod for christmas... It's pretty cool. If you want effects but don't necessarily want wah or anything on it you could get a line 6 spider amp or something of the sort. I've heard good things about it. But what do I know I've had my guitar for about 5-6 months. Any way it depends on what effects you're looking for.
Iv wanted to learn to play guitar for years and last year my kids bought my first one for a birthday..Amd im sure you guys think the amp and the guitar aint up to scratch,,,But i think we all started with a cheap guitar and amp..Its a Squier Strat and its only a 10 watt amp that came with it.. I dont want to join a band or anything like that and its only to play at home and learn..The effects i want ? im not sure i just wanna experemnet...Moneywise? well money is a little tite i cant go and buy a great guitar i want or the best of pedals or amp...I was thinking something affordable that will improve the sound of the guitar nothing too big cos its only for bedroom use really..
Thanx for the feedback....
Well, if all you want is to play in your bedroom a POD may be a good idea because, even though I personally don't care for them, they do give you a lot of options to play with.

I would still suggest looking into a better amp also. Maybe after you get that POD, look at a Fender Champion or similar small tube amp.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
i personally Love the pod XT for recording and headphone silent practice. but if you're going to be practicing with other musicians, you might be stuck unless they have a PA system.

so really.. i'd take the Pod XT if you're going to be just practicing at home. if you need to jam with other guitarists or possibly a drummer.. then you'll need an amp with some girth.

what kinda tunes do you play?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I like the kinda blues tunes not very much into the hard rock sound...I was looking at the line 6 pod 2 and the xt you mentioned obviously the pod 2 is cheaper and im not sure how much difference there is between the 2....Im kinda stuck in the middle get a decent Marshall amp or the pod.This may be a silly question too.The pod is a straight connection to your guitar and amp ? Am i right on that? Excuse the iggnorence but as i said only had the guitar less than a year...

Again Thanks for the Feedback....
What Marshall amp?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by willy2009
I like the kinda blues tunes not very much into the hard rock sound...I was looking at the line 6 pod 2 and the xt you mentioned obviously the pod 2 is cheaper and im not sure how much difference there is between the 2....Im kinda stuck in the middle get a decent Marshall amp or the pod.This may be a silly question too.The pod is a straight connection to your guitar and amp ? Am i right on that? Excuse the iggnorence but as i said only had the guitar less than a year...

Again Thanks for the Feedback....

If the Marshall amp is an MG/AVT, don't go there. I'm assuming that's what you're looking at as good Marshalls are expensive. Get a Blackheart or the Fender I mentioned earlier, and you may be able to afford a POD with that.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
If the Marshall amp is an MG/AVT, don't go there. I'm assuming that's what you're looking at as good Marshalls are expensive. Get a Blackheart or the Fender I mentioned earlier, and you may be able to afford a POD with that.

yeah. this is a good idea. Blackheart's are good amps, and some Fender's would be within your price range that you would be interested in. but you're going to need something else going through these tube amps like an OD or something, at the minimum, if you want alot of effects, get a floor multieffect's like a pod or a digitech of sorts, zoom makes good processing units as well. but of course, some models are better than others, so you really have to be a smart shopper when it comes to buying one.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by yaaarp
you could get a line 6 spider amp or something of the sort. I've heard good things about it.

You definitely didn't hear these 'good things' on UG, lol
For what your doing a VOX DA 20 would be fine.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Ok i wanna thank everyone for the feedback..I appreciate it..
Iv decided on the Amp first And going with a choice of 2

Fender Champion 300 Amplifier

VOX DA 10 AMP

Not sure which one yet So once again Id like you guys to choose...

Thanx guys
For the style of music you're playing I'd go with Vox but rather than the DA 10, I'd look at the new VT15.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1