well most multieffect amps aren't too good.

look at Acoustic, they have well priced, clear, and versatile gear.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by CrysisFX
well i have an acoustic now. what about amped BA series?

no, very weak quality.

Carvin or Ashdown if you dislike your current amp, Acoustic if you do.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Ashdown are the best amps makers out there
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Ashdown are the best amps makers out there

Markbass>Trace Elliot>Ashdown

so expensive though...
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
Markbass>Trace Elliot>Ashdown

so expensive though...

I would of agreed with that before Gibson brought Trace Elliot, all the talent from TE left to form Ashdown.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
See, I disagree with everyone, being a Gallien Krueger fanatic.

See, you're not going to get any really good quality amps with effects built in. I'd go for a GK and maybe a rackmount processor or a small pedalboard. (I'm a rack junkie though)
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
i thought peavey owned trace elliot now? anyways get a good solid state like a Gallien Krueger and and a good pedal effects processor line 6 makes one and it isn't bad rocktron also makes a good one and boss' isn't bad either.
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by JessyB96
i thought peavey owned trace elliot now? anyways get a good solid state like a Gallien Krueger and and a good pedal effects processor line 6 makes one and it isn't bad rocktron also makes a good one and boss' isn't bad either.

Get any effects EXCEPT the ones he said. Boss makes a decent overdrive, that's it. The Line 6 is ultimately useless. Rocktron just blows.

Digitech makes the BP200, and it's an OK unit, but I HIGHLY recommend buying single pedals. Tech 21, MXR, EBS. Look at those. The Ibanez TS9 tube screamer is meant for guitar, but works alright if you want a subtle bass overdrive. When you try and boost the gain on it, THEN you start to lose low end. Also, look at Dunlop and Morley for bass wah.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
The Roland D-bass amplifier is a great amp.
They don't have any effects build in, though, if I remeber correctly. Just different pre-amp settings and a compressor.

But if you're looking for a combo in the price range of the Roland, I'd go for an Eden/nemesis combo. But that's just preference.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Last edited by sam_ofzo at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by ChemicalFire
I would of agreed with that before Gibson brought Trace Elliot, all the talent from TE left to form Ashdown.

Peavey own trace elliot now and there really good amps,, not quite as good as the original stuff though, theres a link between ashdown and trace elliot in sound sort of in the growl they both give, its different but theres connections there.

I say go with the ashdown, An ashdown abm is quite wooly and the mag is less so but still deliveres, the little giant series is very much inbetween. I wouldnt look at one as being better in ashdown as they all deliver quite different tones.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Get any effects EXCEPT the ones he said. Boss makes a decent overdrive, that's it. The Line 6 is ultimately useless. Rocktron just blows.

Digitech makes the BP200, and it's an OK unit, but I HIGHLY recommend buying single pedals. Tech 21, MXR, EBS. Look at those. The Ibanez TS9 tube screamer is meant for guitar, but works alright if you want a subtle bass overdrive. When you try and boost the gain on it, THEN you start to lose low end. Also, look at Dunlop and Morley for bass wah.

I'll agree single pedals is the way to go because i don't think there's any real bass effects worth getting except wah overdrive and chorus. but saying digitech tops rocktron line 6 and boss is a kinda a pipe dream... just don't buy behringer pedals. And actually what effects are u looking for anyways?
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by JessyB96
I'll agree single pedals is the way to go because i don't think there's any real bass effects worth getting except wah overdrive and chorus. but saying digitech tops rocktron line 6 and boss is a kinda a pipe dream... just don't buy behringer pedals. And actually what effects are u looking for anyways?

It doesn't top them, but completely and totally rapes them in value.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
im not really looking for effects but just an amp that will be strong and well and really wont have to be replaced. i like some tube heads like the fender and peavy heads. i wish there was a vetta or simialr for bass as it is kick arse for guitar with 128 total effects.
Well on talkbass, people seem to be picking up peavey vb2 heads for nothing(well 300 or so) Get one of those and a 15" cab and your set. This is me presuming you live in america.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
VB2 is good but id wait for the VB3 its got more features including a built in compressor and 300 watts vs. the 200 of the VB2 also its loaded with blue led's with a control knob on the back for them pointless but aesthetically fun. but affects loaded bass amps are crap if you can in fact find one. besides if you want a 128 effects rolled into one then you want an effects processor.

Quote by Cody_Grey102
It doesn't top them, but completely and totally rapes them in value.

Ok value wise i'll agree with you
Keep On Keepen' On
Built in compressors suck. More features dont mean better. 220 watts is plenty enough, and will keep up with most guitar amps, drums etc.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
i no they don't mean better but peavey has a good history in amps as far as I'm concerned so id believe that their features would be adequate and worthwhile. Even though its all tube i still think one would need more then 220 watts of course ive never heard the vb2 in a mix just on its own
Keep On Keepen' On
Ok thats cool, but you know 220 would you get you by defiantly, i doubt that vb3 will be out for another year, we still havent got the vb2 in europe yet.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by ChemicalFire

even then, the old models are quite nicer than Ashdown. I like Ashdown, but the new stuff is only a little worse quality.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Get Ashdown, But I'm a total fanboy. That lovely, oh so lovely british tone... Get single effects pedals. Boss makes a good over drive, and as far as I am concerned, that is it. However, BBE and Korg make AMAZING Rackmount effects.
DB Player
IIRC, the upper end Line 6 Lowdown amps aren't bad at all. That's about as close as you're going to get. Grab this and a good cab and you'll do fine.

I have a question, though...why do you want a modeling amp? You can get much better sound for a similar price by going with a standard amp and stompboxes.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-LowDown-HD750-750watt-Rack-Mount-Bass-Head?sku=520009
Nope, no sig here.