I've been shopping around for a new guitar for a while now and i still have no idea what guitar to get... I'm upgrading from my Squire Strat... Today i played an ESP Viper 400, a Schecter C-1 Classic, and an Ibanez RG (i forget what the exact model # was). Anyway, the ESP and Ibanez felt great... The only thing is that the Ibanez had a locking trem on it... is it possible that they have the same model w/ a fixed bridge? Also the Schecter looks amazing but i found it a bit harder to play... Maybe b/c the string gauge & action were a little higher... But i also found the bridge uncomfortable, the way it very far from the body... Any advice/suggestions on these guitars would be great, as i have to get a new guitar b4 i head back to school in 2 weeks...
ESP viper 400 is a good solid midrange guitar that sounds nice and plays good
Keep On Keepen' On
Quote by JessyB96
ESP viper 400 is a good solid midrange guitar that sounds nice and plays good

Yeah it played great sitting down, but i just read somewhere about the straplock problem, how one is on the back of the body... Apparently it makes it tough to play standing up...
Quote by VanMaidenFan88
Yeah it played great sitting down, but i just read somewhere about the straplock problem, how one is on the back of the body... Apparently it makes it tough to play standing up...

regular SG's are the same.

it's not all that bad. most SG's have the strap button right at the heel of the neck but ESP/LTD viper guitars have it on the upper "horn" and it works relatively well. your prime concern ends up being having a strap that'll keep the guitar from sliding to the ground.

Personally I'd say the Viper 400. Never been an Ibanez man, and the schecter just seems to bland. the viper has a thinner neck, i believe the 400 has 24 frets and the same pickups as the schecter in an easier shape to use.
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!