I want to play some fingerpicked songs that don't sound right with 12 strings, don't have a 6 string acoustic, need to change strings after 5 months of not, etc.

so...

will it be bad for the neck?
Tension will be off, don't know if it will ruin it. If you have proper action adjustment and intonation, it shouldn't be a problem.
Don't quote me on this.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Last edited by Baby Joel at Jan 12, 2009,
id keep an eye on the neck if you do. just adjust the truss rod if it bows at all.
"A good song should make you want to tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I’m only interested in writing great songs." - Tom Morello
String spacing may be a little weird, but otherwise fine, no structural problems, if the neck does back bow then just tighten up the truss rod a lil bit.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
It should be fine.

I do believe Dave Mustaine used a 10string BC Rich strung only with 6 strings back in the day. Can anyone clarify?
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
it doesnt, or shouldnt. I did this w/ my dad's 12 string, been about a year since and its fine
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Quote by NiK-117
id keep an eye on the neck if you do. just adjust the truss rod if it bows at all.

It would NEVER bow with less tension 0.o Just be sure to put each string where it belongs, failure rate is 0.0008% (This is just if your mental retarded which i doubt).
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P