Hey guys, does anyone know how much an original master volume head is worth? I've found one for just over £300 used in a local second hand shop. As far as I know it's all as it was when it came out of the factory, if a little worn from age.
I've used one of these in the studio.

NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW.

Atleast for me.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I was planning to.

Does anyone know how much it usually sells for though? It's not a reissue if that makes a difference. Its one of the original heads.
Yes but it now!
I've seen them go on the bay for $1500-2500
So I think that's a steal.

I used to have a 78 jmp that was stolen from me. And I have spent the last ten years trying to find a head that sounds half as good as that one did. Ah memories.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Does anyone else have any idea? Also, is there anything I should look out for that may put me off buying it?
Quote by Snake_42
Does anyone else have any idea? Also, is there anything I should look out for that may put me off buying it?

Check the tubes (but they can easily be replaced).

Aside from that.....

JUST GO TO THE ****ING STORE AND BUY IT!

Seriously. Buy it, then take it to a tech, let them check it out. It's worth dropping some extra dough to make sure that beauty works like a charm.

Seriously man. Don't let this one by you. I'm extremely jealous
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
i've heard these things sound identical to the jcm 800
true?
also yes, go buy it, its a good amp regardless
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
It depends what year. At the price you're talking about it's most likely a post '72 JMP. Either way, it's a pretty good price for a good amp, but not really much of a collectable. Amps are not really like guitars, there are only a few amps that are really particularly valuable.