which one is better

i have a problem, one store carries the vox but not the supersonic and vice versa, i can only go to one store to try one out, wich amp is better and why??

so vox ac30HH head or fender supersonic head?

thanks
what styles do you mainly play, and are you open to other options?

my vote would go to the ac30HH, simply because I love those chimey ac30 cleans and the british overdrive.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by funkymonkz
what styles do you mainly play, and are you open to other options?

my vote would go to the ac30HH, simply because I love those chimey ac30 cleans and the british overdrive.

oops haha, forgot to say all the crap i play and budget and what not

i play classic rock, mostly late 60s and seventies, a little blues, usually a tiny bit overdriven or clean and loud, and a decent amount of southern rock, but i think it might be pretty cool to use a british amp for bluegrass/country inspired stuff lol

and my budget is pretty much no higher than 1200
for 1200 you could maybe find a used DR.Z which would suit your needs, but I would still go with the AC30, the only downside it would cause anybody would maybe be its lack of a master volume, but it is a tonal monster.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
I like the Super Sonic a lot.

I also like the AC30 a lot.

Pick your poison. They're of equal value, in my book.
ok please stop suggesting other stuff

hmm....

someone help me make a pros and cons list of each amp lol

vox - pros- godly tones, nice crisp sound, somewhat versitile, good natural od
vox - cons - no master volume, not as versitile as the fender

fender - pros - good tones, very versitile, very nice cleans, master volume, decent od
fender - cons - not as godly sounding as vox, od is probaly lacks a bit, good be too versitile

i guess add pros and cons to the list, thansk
I would say supersonic. The Vox nowadays is made in china and every modern vox ac30 I have played has had some sort of issue. The supersonics drive on bassman mode is pretty good sounding in my opinion.

If you do end up going with the vox may I recommend a Fulltone OCD pedal to put in front? Vox ac30 + OCD creates quite the tone. I am usually fully against OD pedals, but this combo works out quite nicely.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I woud prefer the AC30, but with that price range you could snag a Ceriatone clone of an 18 watt plexi.

A plexi would be more limited than an AC30.

They're both cool amps, but I'd get the AC30 for what you like. You COULD play all that stuff on a supersonic, but it's more of a blues amp than the AC30.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by LP51122

They're both cool amps, but I'd get the AC30 for what you like. You COULD play all that stuff on a supersonic, but it's more of a blues amp than the AC30.

so the od on the vox would definately be better than the burn channel on the supersonic?

Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
I would say supersonic. The Vox nowadays is made in china and every modern vox ac30 I have played has had some sort of issue. The supersonics drive on bassman mode is pretty good sounding in my opinion.

If you do end up going with the vox may I recommend a Fulltone OCD pedal to put in front? Vox ac30 + OCD creates quite the tone. I am usually fully against OD pedals, but this combo works out quite nicely.

ya but if im just gonna be paying for the bassman part, id rather just find an old bassman head on ebay or craigslist or something

what do they go for like 1600?? or somethin like that
and what kinda issues do you mean?
Last edited by eberg2 at Jan 12, 2009,
AC30. Love those amps, for literally any style (cept for death metal, but that's a given).
Quote by LP51122
How do you figure that?

I take it that you've never played the supersonic before?
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^Usually the only issues on Vox AC30s are the rectifier tube. If you switch out the stock one right away, you will be fine.

will it have a decent amount of time before gettin messed up, and is it as easy as just switchin that tube out, or if that tube stops working will it screw up anything else?
of course, it's the rectifier tube, it turns AC from your wall to DC that powers your amp, if it blows out, the amp doesn't work.

But it's easy to swap out. You just replace it like a lightbulb.

That being said, you can save some life on the rectifier tube by not using the standby function (ie. leaving the standby switch to "on" rather than "standby" and just not using it, and just turn the amp on and off using the power).
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by al112987
of course, it's the rectifier tube, it turns AC from your wall to DC that powers your amp, if it blows out, the amp doesn't work.

But it's easy to swap out. You just replace it like a lightbulb.

That being said, you can save some life on the rectifier tube by not using the standby function (ie. leaving the standby switch to "on" rather than "standby" and just not using it, and just turn the amp on and off using the power).

ya, i meant like if that tube goes out, then like somethin else on the amp is gonna break, allright lol, thanks, um... so just let the tubes warm up just by normal power?
i didnt even realize this amp had a standby ha, i musta missed it in all the pictures and everything lol